:Nnenna

Everyone said i looked like a thirteen year old Naomi Campbell.Tall for my age thin , my mother said, to the point of being skinny; my father said svelt and dark complexioned, I could see where everyone got that. Being compared to supermodel was nice but,I would rather be compared to an academic. I knew I had the intelligence and the charisma that would make me one of the best lawyers. I had nothing against models, but strutting on a runway just wasn't for me.
*********†************************************†*******
I sat in my pink Barbie themed room waiting for mum and the talk. I didn't like the Barbie themed anymore; it just didn't feel right for a girl of my age. As a teenager, I preferred something more mature like cool blue and royal purple. I also wanted all the stickers of doll removed from the walls and replaced with pictures of my teen idols. I was a lady and a law- in- making and my surroundings had to depict such seriousness, starting with my room. Sade's mum changed the colour of her room when she was twelve all because she was deemed an adult after attaining puberty. She was awarded a dressing table with body sprays colourless nail polish, and other things that made her a young lady. I knew mum wouldn't go that far, so I didn't think of pushing my luck. One step at a time of course in the business of attaining my maturity.