Chap. 01: The Pervert and The Grouch

My eyes twitched at the sight before me. I couldn’t bring myself to take a step further. To me, it felt like if I continued with my pace, I would slowly but surely crash and burn.

“I can’t… I can’t do this…” I whispered to myself, head shaking frantically.

I heard footsteps from behind me, and then a heavy sigh. “You’re being overdramatic again.”

I turned to glare at my older brother, Hiroshi. “That’s because you don’t understand how I feel!”

Hiroshi rolled his eyes. “You’re going to high school, Kaori, not fighting a war.”

“It’s just the same!” I protested.

“No, it’s not.” Hiroshi countered.

I snorted. “Easy for you to say, Mr. I’m-so-perfect-I’ll-be-popular-in-no-time.”

“You’re going to do great, Kaori, trust me.” Hiroshi smiled warmly. “And besides, if anyone threatens you, I’ll be just around the corner to rip them to shreds, alright?”

“I really appreciate your offer big brother, but the last thing I would want is for people to think I’m too scared to fight my own battles. Kaori Kimura isn’t scared of anything!”

“Cool, so you don’t need me to swap that bug off your shoulder then. See you later, little sis!” And with that, Hiroshi left me petrified.

I slowly turned my head, and when my gaze landed on the insect resting on my right shoulder, I panicked.

“Get it off me! Get it off me! Help I’m going to diiiiieeeee!” I kept screaming over and over again, flapping my arms around in an overdramatic manner.

“Never fear, for Naruto’s here! To the rescue!”

I momentarily paused and turned around to find the source of the loudest voice I have ever heard. But before my mind could comprehend what I was seeing, a blur of bright orange swept pass me and tackled me to the ground.

“WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, pushing the person off of me.

“You’re the one who yelled for help!” the person countered.

“Yeah, I wanted you to help me, not grope me! You freakin’ pervert!”

The person, a boy with blonde hair and bright blue eyes, blushed a deep shade of red as he stuttered his explanation. After a while, he seemed to calm down a bit. “Next time you call for help, don’t count on me to come to the rescue!”

“Fine by me! I don’t need you anyway. I was just caught off guard is all.”

“Psh, whatever.” He huffed.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a class to get to. I hope I don’t see you again, orange person.”

“Yeah, same goes for you, totally hot chi- I mean weirdo!”

That’s the best he could come up with? What a loser.

~*~

This place is HUGE! Same goes for the people here. Why did I have to be so short? How in the world am I supposed to find my locker?

“I can’t even read the writing on this darn piece of paper- OUCH!”

“What the-”

And for the second time today, I fell flat on my back.

“Why does this keep happening to me?” I groaned as I pushed myself to sit up.

I turned to glare at the person who bumped into me, but found myself speechless as my eyes met his onyx ones.

He was the first one to speak.

“Watch where you’re going next time, will you? Idiot.”

I frowned at his rudeness. “Oh we’re playing the blame game now are we?”

He simply narrowed his eyes in response. “I have no time to play such games.”

“That probably explains why you look so grumpy. You have to learn to live a little!”

He didn’t speak. He only stood up, and left. He didn’t even bother to help me up.

Wow, two jerks in a row. I can tell I’m going to be having an awesome time here at Konoha High.