Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Eve Rose

Chapter 4

I learn the whole truth

They all stared at me. I didn't know whether to be scared, draw my dagger and fight, or to smile and wave. "Well," Eve said. "This is Zeus." The entire room broke into pandemonium. There were yells of," No he isn't!" and "What kind of a joke is this?" Finally, and middle aged women stepped forward and yelled," PEOPLE! Calm yourselves. We must give Eve a chance to explain!"        "There's nothing to explain," Eve yelled. " Show them." She said to me. I didn't want to show them. But , unfortunately, I knew I had to. I focused all my will power and soon, I had a storm swirlling around me. Everyone in  the room gasped. Suddenly, the middle aged women addressed the crowd, " It appears one of our own has found Zeus. Congratualations Eve. As for you," she said looking at me. "You and me are going to have a talk." I didn't like the sound of that.

The women lead my into a maze of corridors and eventually we came to a smaller room which I assumed was her office. As soon as I closed the door (unwillingly, I'd like to add) she said," First things first. On your travels have you ever met anyone called Stephen. Blonde curls. Chocolate eyes. Have you met him?" I looked at her, bewildered. The way she said Stephen's name, well it made me not want to break the news to her. But I had to. "No," I replied. "Sorry but I haven't." She cursed in Greek but all she said to me was," It's ok. It isn't your fault. It's just... well Stephen was my colleage. And even more my boyfriend. I just hoped... Never mind. We have more important matters to address. Like what you're doing in Thebes."

I gave her the ten second version. Fates. Looking for Delphi. Closest city. She looked at me and I explained again, a little slower than this time. This time she understood. She nodded at me and said," I believe you. However, I'm afraid you'll have quite a long journey to Delphi. Its at least a two day trip and that's none stop. You couldn't take the army with you because that would slow you down even more. No you'll only need two companions..."              " Wait, wait, wait. What is this place?" I asked. "No more discussion until you tell me." She looked at me and said," We are the rebellion"

I stared at her for about five minutes before I said," What rebellion?" She smiled at me sympathetically as she said," Do you think you're the only one who apposes Cronus? No you aren't. We've been fighting him too. And more importantly we've been looking up to what you've done."             "Me?" I asked stupidly. " Yes you!" She replied. "This whole rebellion started to help you! Now that we have found you we must do everything in our power to help you. And, at the moment, that means getting you to Delphi. So anyway..." I only half listened to the rest. I just couldn't believe there were others like me. Other people fighting Cronus. I didn't feel so... alone anymore. "... And there's the matter of your companions..."              "Eve", I said cutting her off. I mean even if she did try to kill me, she's the person who introduced me to all this. I wanted her to come. The women nodded and said," I was about to suggest her. And I think Jonah is suitable too. So it's settled. Eve and Jonah. We'll get you supplies. You travel there with no help. Well you're dismissed."

I was swept outside to find Eve waiting for me. She looked me up and down and said," She didn't kill you. Good. Did she tell you who our other companion was?"            "Jonah" I replied. She rolled her eyes and walked off, making me follow her. Serious Deja vu. She walked into what I assumed was a training room and said," Jonah! Get your butt out here!" Ten seconds later a tall kid with brown hair and a bow over his shoulder appeared. He looked at me and said," Hi." Then he looked at Eve and said," What?"               " You're coming on a journey with us. We leave tomorrow. Get your stuff ready." Then she grabbed my arm and dragged me off. As soon as we were far enough away she said," I hate that guy!" I looked at her and she said," WHAT? Eurgh. This is your room for the night. Bye." And with that she left.