Chapter Five.

I am lying on the couch, phone in hand, my fingers do a little dance thinking whether or not to text Maya. I've never been indecisive. What is going on? Ugh. I guess I just don't want to look like a total dickwad. I end up sending her a text. 

Syd: Hey, it's Sydnee harbour bridge here.

I nibble on a piece of nutella on toast with strawberries, waiting for her to reply, my head hanging off the couch. 10 minutes later she replied.

Maya: Oh, hey Sydnee. obviously it's me Maya, but yeah you should know that already? hahah

Syd: Totally. We should hang out sometime.

Maya: Tomorrow, we could go to mcdonalds or taco bell? I'd like that.

Syd: Sure, sounds good.

we both had to do stuff, so we said goodbye and I got up and did the dishes. Ughhhh wet food in the sink. Worst shit everr. Then I started cooking dinner - I was home alone tonight, mum was gonna be real late home from her interviews she had to go to today. I cook waffles, fuck healthy eating right now. I put chocolate chips into the batter mix and pull out the waffle maker. Yum. I sit down at the kitchen bench, all the toppings surrounding me, nutella, banana, strawberries, choco sauce, caramel topping, ice cream, whipped cream.  Good, well rounded meal. I tuck in and collapse onto the couch after doing a few more dishes and putting my stuff away. I scroll through instagram for an hour or so, then head upstairs, it's 7.30pm now. I get into my hippy tie dyed trackpants and a black t-shirt with rolled up sleeves, then my black fuzzy socks adorn my feet. Cozy-ness. I log on to facetime on my macbook air, and see that eight contacts are online, and I pull up the list. Alden, Braxton, Nick, Alex, Matty are all online, and Maya is too, and my sister, who is in her room, she's 12, she got dinner when she got home around 5.30. I facetime her and she picks up immediately. "Hey, Noah" I grin at the girl on the screen- not my sister, but my sister's best friend, Noah. "Heeeey Sydnee!" Noah squealed and grinned, her tiny dimples indenting her cheeks. I inspect the background for a sign of my sister, and I see a quick flick of blue and blonde hair- definiately my sister, Indie, short for Indigo Blue, like her hair. "Indie?" I quiz before shutting my laptop and sneaking up to her door and opening it suddenly, freaking out both of them. Indie stops brushing her long straight hair and throws the hairbrush at me, and I catch it without moving - in my right palm. "Sydneeeeee! You scared us" Indie fake grumbled. "Awh, diddums" I grin and poke her in the side. I feel a tug on my trackpants, and turn around "Hmm?" I question Noah. "Can you do a henna on me?" she looks up at me, as usual I melt because of those puppy dog eyes- even though she's 12, they still work for her, they have since she was a toddler, we've known her that long. "Sure, Noah. Grab the ink and the blotter and brushes, and a towel to wipe excess dye off." I grin and sit on the dressing table stool, pulling it up by Indie's huge canopy bed. Noah returns, her little hands brimming full of henna shit. "Sit on the bed, N." I say, patting a spot on the bed. She sits and hands me all the henna ink and things. I take her hand and the ink and a small brush, dipping the brush in the ink and painting the start of a twirled flower, then leaves, a series of dots and petals and small flowers. Then I grab the blotter and trace over the faint lines of my brush- the blotter is the bit that does all the work. "Done, n." I grin "You know the usual, don't pick the excess stuff off, use a towel, but only use it in 20 minutes at least." I get up, taking the henna supplies with me to my room.