Chapter Three.

We all get off the bus, jostling each other jokingly and I feel several pairs of eyes on me. Shit. what did I do now? I look up and see about 15 girls staring at me, my arm slung around Matty's neck, Alex's arm around my waist, all of us linked up like a wall of 6 dickwads. They notice the stares aimed at me and one by one, they flip the squad of bitches the bird. They deserve it, I did nothing to them, I just hang out with the 5 hottest guys at our school- I, I mean not just I think that, all the girls do- and half the guys at least. It's just a known fact, and I'm one of the boys, everyone knows me, wherever they go, I go too, not cause i'm a tag along, but cause they want me there too- apparently I make everyone laugh. Somehow. I lighten the mood, they tell me. the bell rings and I snap out of it.  "Peace guys, I'll see you all in 2nd period, woodwork, right?" I laugh and head up the steps to my home room class. I open the door to the class and evryone is staring, again. What is it with people and staring at me today? they all know me, they know my crew, they know my orange dreaded head, so what's the problem? God. "Miss Hastings." grumbles my homeroom teacher, Mrs Marks. "Oooh Miss, bit grumpy today are you? you on your period eh?" I grin and chuckle and the class joins in, and I make my way to the back row, high fiving some random guys and sitting down.  I feel the teacher's eyes on me and I look up, meeting her eyes. "Miss Hastings, meet me after school here. don't forget." She says loud and clear. "Whatever." I say back to the twenty-something year old woman. She crosses her slender legs over each other and I notice how long and slim and shapely they are, and I admire them. I snap out of my trance and head to my 1st period class, history with Mr Fitz. I haven't had this teacher yet, he's new this year. I walk in and sit up the back, kicking my feet up onto the table waiting for the teacher to come in. the class fills up and Alex and Nick join me at the back, they're the only guys in the squad that took history with me. We high five and they lean back in their chairs on either side of me. Then the teacher walks in. Fuck, he's like sex on legs- he has blonde dreads and plugs in his ears, and a lip ring through his lower lip, muscles easy to see through the tight black business shirt he was wearing with black skinny jeans and tan Doc Martens. I stare at his ass the whole class and he knows it. a few times I catch his eye and we flick through each other's eyes and minds for a brief second or two. God. Typical Sydnee, falling or crushing on people I can't have, goddamn it. "Orange dreads, what's your name?" asks the sex on a stick teacher to me. "Sydnee." I half grin and look at his eyes, before obviously lowering my gaze. He catches me. "Sydnee please remain after class, we need to talk." He smiles. "Oh, sure Fitzy" I laugh as the bell rings I pick up my bag and turn to Alex and Nick. "Meet you in woodwork." I say, giving them a strong enough hint for them to understand and they leave me to it. "Fitz. You wanted to see me?" I question. "Yeah, Sydnee I want you to know, whatever happened between us today-" I interrupted "Uhm, yeah it was nothing. got it. nice dread by the way, you look hot." I laugh and tilt my head back, making the tiny bells in my dreads tinkle as I stroll out the door, my bag on my back. I walk to woodwork my head high.