Chapter 5: Daniels, Cruz Daniels

HEEEY!! I'm was super excited when I saw more people were actually reading my story! YAY! lol Don't mind me...instead I'd like to bring your attention to a certain shmexy someone (PS Yes I went all James Bond with my title-no hating!)

Chapter 5: Daniels, Cruz Daniels

Before I could say anything else, Alan came up and clapped ‘Trouble’ on the back.

“Chatting up our fearless leader before class, Daniels?” he joked. So his name was Daniels…maybe his middle name is trouble, I thought smirking.

“So this is the lady you’re always telling me about,” Daniels rumbled. Oh. My. God. His voice was like velvet. His sex appeal just tripled and it was making me shiver. I swear he saw the goose bumps on my arms as he gave me an appraising look.

Alan raised his eyebrows, “Just wait, I’m pretty sure she could even take you down a few pegs, Daniels.”

“I look forward to seeing you in action,” he said with a chuckle. Hmpf, if he was going to pretend that we hadn’t met then two could play at this game.

“Well I’d love to stay and chat boys, but I’ve got a class to teach.” I said as I walked to the locker room. Since I had forgotten to wash laundry, instead of my usual stretchy pants, I was stuck wearing my ‘home’ workout gear. I always felt weird wearing my Nike compression shorts in public, let alone to a class full of men, but it was either shorts or stinky pants. I had decided it was better to show some skin than smell like some of these guys’ gym socks.

To make up for showing so much leg, I always wore a pair of knee high socks. The ones I had chosen for today were a Christmas gift from Nadine. They were black with the words “Bad Ass” written in white and arrows pointing up. I thought they were awesome but, like I said, this is usually what I wore for home workouts. Completing my outfit was a grey tank top with a picture of the Deathstar on it. Awesome, right?

I walked in and I could immediately feel Daniels eyes on me. This was going to be a rough class but on the bright side, I didn’t see the yahoo from the last class. After we had paired off to do some one-on-one fighting, a few guys loudly requested group demonstration. I chuckled without humor, I knew where this was going but I couldn’t stop them. The guys formed a big circle around me and sat on the ground. I always tried to get these guys into safety gear when we did this but apparently these big tough guys couldn’t be bothered. Hmpf.

“Alright, settle down boys. I need two volunteers,” I asked while looking around, Alan and Daniels both had their hands up. “Front and center,” I said waving up front.

“But, Iris, aren’t you going to do any fighting?” Alan asked, making a puppy dog face with his eyes wide.

“Fine,” I growled, “Alan, get your whiny but up here.”

“That’s ok, Daniels is willing to volunteer,” Alan grinned like the Cheshire cat. Daniels stared at him like he’d lost his mind but eventually got up and walked towards me, glancing back at Alan. I grinned, you never take your eyes off your opponent. The unspoken class rule was that when we circled up like this for ‘demonstrations’, fights started as soon as both parties entered the circle. When I saw Daniels glance back at Alan again, I made my move. Once Alan saw me, he began to grin like a lunatic. Daniels never had a chance.

I silently slid up behind him and swung my leg so my calf hit the nerve on the side of his thigh. Since the nerve is only four fingers above the knee, I only kicked him hard enough so his leg would give. Then I looped around to the other side and whipped his leg out from under him. As he fell on his back, I pounced so that I was straddling his waist. I put my hands around his neck-just enough pressure so he wouldn’t move-and clenched my thighs as tight as possible. He looked up at me in surprise.

I smiled, “I take it your friend didn’t tell you how the circle works.”

Instead of responding, I felt him slide he legs in so that his feet were planted and his thighs were right behind me. He thrust his hips up to throw me but I only clenched my thighs tighter. But he quickly changed his tactics, and with his hips still raised, rolled to the side so I was below him and his hands were planted on floor with my head in between. Daniels looked down at me, almost smirking at my predicament.

Before he could claim victory, I let go of his neck, thrusting my arms out to make him fall forward while sliding my legs against his abs. I used my legs like a spring and launched him over me. Well, it wasn’t really launching but come on! The man is built like a brick house…a sexy, sexy brick house. I spun around on my butt so his arm was between my legs with one leg over his torso and the other over his head. I slowly raised my hips so he would feel a little pressure.

“You done?” I asked.

“If I say yes, does that mean I have to move my arm?” he chuckled. I suddenly realized that not only was his arm smooshed against my chest and inner thighs but the whole class was waiting for my response with bated breath. I managed to keep my choice words to myself and settled for swinging my heel against his kidney. Then I pushed his arm away while I tucked and rolled over my right shoulder.

“Did you enjoy the show Alan because now it’s your turn,” I grinned ruthlessly. He just laughed until I started walking towards him. He swore under his breath and high tailed it out the door. I just smiled and ended class, reminding everyone to grab a treat when they headed out. I had turned around to shut off the stereo when I heard a voice like velvet, “How long have you been teaching?”

I shrugged, “About two and a half years but I’ve been doing Krav Maga a little over five.”

I saw him lean against the wall next to me and I got my second surprise of the day when he asked, “Do you have any plans for Friday?”

I jerked my head to look at him.

“I’m busy, Daniels.” I ground out, once I got over my initial shock.

“Cruz.”

“What?”

“My name is Cruz.”

“Oh, Alan kept calling you Daniels.”

“Daniels is my last name. When we met on active duty, that’s what we went by. Seeing as we are both out of the military, I figured I’d stick with first names…So how about that date?”

“Uhhhh,” my mind was completely blank. “I gotta go, I’ll see you at the next class, bye!” I practically yelled at him as I all but ran for the door. Whew, that was unexpected. I mean, he seems like the perfect package (gorgeous AND nice) but I wasn’t sure how to react to him. Men just weren’t attracted to women who could open a can of whoop-ass.

My ex said he was okay with it but he was always pushing me to be more lady-like. My mother thought Brad was the greatest thing since long lasting lipstick and Botox. The final straw was when some random guy wouldn’t leave my sister alone. He was copping a feel and was trying to nuzzle her neck when I found them. I don’t think I’ve ever been so mad in my life and to say I beat the snot out of him is an understatement. When I saw Brad next, his look of disgust said it all. We had a huge fight about how shameful it was to have a girlfriend who was always beating people up and how disgusting it was to see my bruises when we were intimate. Seriously, who even says that?! So we broke up and I promised to keep relationships, as Nadine called it, “light and fluffy”.

Alanna felt bad about it but I was glad that Brad showed his true colors before we had gotten too serious. As a parting gift, Alanna and I had put nails behind his tires and saran wrapped his car. If he didn’t want to date me that was fine but I was refused to stop looking after my sister.

Since then, my romantic interests have been pretty low-key. A couple casual…encounters were more than enough for me. Shoot, even when Brad and I dated I wasn’t very good at romantic stuff and I’m certain I’ve only gotten worse.

Breath, I told myself, you will only see him class so no worries. Besides, after that awkward conversation, I bet he’ll leave you alone. Satisfied with my little pep talk, I headed off to Gifford’s Buns.

Maybe if I had known more about Cruz, I would have expected what happened next.

Any guesses on what Cruz does to sweet talk a date out of our gun shy chica?? Maybe I'll give a cookie to a whoever guesses/comments :D MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no more caffeine for me lol BTW I TOTALLY WANT OF PAIR OF THOSE SOCKS!!! :P