Chapter 2

It was Monday and I was finally meeting Harry Styles. My nerves were a mess and I woke up early just to make sure I would look decent and had everything Miles had told me I’d need. I stood in front of my mirror and brushed out my dark brown hair. After doing my make up, I went to my closet and pulled on the black dress I had picked out the night before. It was simple and body fit to show off my curves.

Once I was dressed I went out into the kitchen and made some coffee. Dani came out of the bathroom and poured herself a cup of coffee. She sat down on the counter and looked at me. “You look hot, dude.”

“Thanks. It’s not too much is it? I don’t want to look like I’m trying super hard.”

“No, you look cute! Let me see your makeup,” she said, motioning for me to come over to her. She grabbed my cheeks and looked at my eyes. “Ugh, oh my god. I want your eyes. Mine are like dull blue. Yours are gorgeous brown. Like puppy dog cute.”

“Oh, thanks and please. I love your eyes. You remember Jake, who was all like, ‘your eyes are like a deep ocean I want to swim in’.” I mocked.

“God, how could I forget him. He was hilarious, but he was so clingy. He said I love you after the second date!”

“I know. I freaking died. It was hilarious.”

“No it wasn’t! I broke his poor little heart!” She pouted and hopped off the counter. “I’m gonna go get dressed and then we can go.”

Once we arrived at work, I was told to go to Miles’ office. I knocked lightly and walked in. Miles was standing at his desk looking through some papers and looked up at me.

“Hello Casey. Are you ready?” Miles asked me, setting down some papers, smiling at me.

“Yep,” I replied cheerfully. I was ready. Nervous, but ready. I twisted my fingers together while I stood, waiting for further instructions.

“Okay, just let me finish organizing these papers and then we’ll get ready to go.”

“Uh, go where?” I questioned, confusion etched into my face. I wasn’t aware I was going anywhere.

“Oh, right. We have to meet Mr. Styles at the airport.”

“Of course. My bad.” I smiled and ran my fingers through my hair. He stacked a few more papers together then put a paper clip on them and walked over to me. He guided me out the door and motioned for Jackie, who was in the room across the hall, to follow.

“Are all of my meetings for this afternoon scheduled in my calender, Jackie?” He asked her. I sort of tuned out of their conversation until we got downstairs. There was a huge stretch black limo parked outside and the driver was holding the door open for me.

“This job has a lot of perks doesn’t it?” Jackie whispered squeezing my shoulder. We all got into the limo and relaxed when Miles passed around glasses of champagne.

After about twenty minutes of light chitchat, we arrived at the airport and the limo pulled around the the parking space near where Mr. Styles’ private jet would be landing. His jet had arrived and we all got out of the limo and walked over to the exit. I watched at a very tall, curly headed man stepped out and walked down the steps. He was wearing a black suit and had a hard expression on his face. He walked right past me and over to Miles.

“Miles, buddy. Good to see you.” They shook hands formally, though you could see the familiarity between the two. Mr. Styles turned to me and Jackie and asked, “So, which one of you is Cassie?”

“Um, Casey. Casey Bradley. Nice to meet you sir,” I correctly politely. I stuck my hand out to greet him and he shook it firmly.

“Pleasure to meet you Ms. Bradley.” His accent was thick and heavy and it brought back memories of Dani and I joking around, making me flush. Thinking of Dani, I really wished I could have shared the experience with her. “What I will need you doing for today, knowing that it is your first day being a personal assistant, is just making sure I have the things that I need. I only have one meeting today, which you will accompany me on.”