Chapter 34

AN: HERE YA GO!

Chapter 34

Harry:

I’d laid in bed next to Zayn’s in a decent hotel. We knew about Louis’ house being big enough, but we thought to give them a little more privacy but renting room. Louis had just texted Zayn inviting us to come over for a quote unquote ‘guy party’. We thought it’ll be cool to hang out before we headed back in two days. My tour wasn’t until several months from now, yet the records and songs never failed to call me every day. Zayn only wanted to make sure he hadn’t been replaced even though I know he has nothing to worry about. His job was his life. He just passed out with his phone and laptop on his bed. I got up to remove them and cover him back up. I made sure we had an alarm to wake us up.

I found it difficult lulling myself to sleep facing the ceiling attempting to count the little lines in the dark. It was hopeless. I stayed dazed but not sleepy. I focused as I closed my eyes trying to relax.

Dang it. I jerked awake.

‘You know, a hi wouldn’t hurt.’ For a moment I thought it was Zayn. When I turned to my right he wasn’t there nor his bed.  I felt someone- I guessed- appear in front of me.

“Niall?” I whispered in shock. He sighed.

‘We can communicate through your mind. It’s better than wake up Zayn with your horrible skill. Listen I’m not here for long. I want you to really consider your life right now. You and I both know there’s something you need to let out and your chance to is slipping. You’ve got him back now. Think about it.’

Just like he appeared he’d gone. Soon my eyes were back to closed and I’d slipped into sleep.

-

I shrugged my coat on, catching my keys from falling out of the pocket. I took a glance up to search for Zayn. “Zayn? Where- jeez!” He had been outside the door already and popped back inside standing next to me.

“C’mon. I wanna supply extra beers.” He walked out again as I shook my head at him.

I sat in the passenger’s seat of our rental looking through spam mail. I’d seen a really old valentine ad about buying flowers online for some cheap price. I thought back to last night when I supposedly had be advised by Niall for… things. Things I didn’t want to be advised about. Not to think of, speak of let alone be advised to by a dead band mate. That hit too many sore spots.

What did Niall mean by my chance is slipping?

-

Zayn and I were sat in the living room talking to Liam and a few other guys we’d just met. One of the guys was talking about some girl they’d been fond over the past year and how he’d just asked her on a date to the fair next week. For some it was so easy. It was like the chance of being destroyed was non-existent. Like reveling what they’d kept so personal wasn’t about to be taken away or ripped in pieces in front of them.  

I shook my head. I've made my decision. "Zayn, I'm going to do it. I'm going to finally tell him what I feel," I got off the couch, “right now" I started towards the back porch.

"Harry I don't think that's a good idea-" I felt him grabbing my right arm trying to pull me back. Instead of turning back to him I forced Zayn closer to the clear sliding door that leads outside. I froze and felt the breath leave my mouth. I saw Louis and Matt in the back garden. All time stopped as I watched Matt get on his knee and take Louis' hand. I didn't spend another second after I had seen his head turn towards the house, to me, to run.

I left not caring of the other guys. I ran out not bothering to shut the stupid front door.

Leave the door fucking alone. It's doing its own thing, dumb ass door.

Harry why don't you just marry the door since you talk about it so much?

Shut up.

I ran back to the hotel. I didn't breathe as I grabbed all my stuff and climbed in the second rental.

Maybe I'll just marry the door then. It's a dependable door...

I wanted to scream at the tears that fell. I should be concerned to safely drive but I couldn't.  No reason to live now. I could just let go of the steering wheel right now...

Zayn:

-One hour earlier-

  I patted Harry on my way to the kitchen setting down the beers. Matt had come over greeting me.

“Hey! Glad you guys made it. I felt like Louis would’ve wanted his friends here for this.” I stared at him confused as he nervously explained.

“I’m going to propose to Louis today.”

-

I could only feel guilty as I watched Harry run away for the second time in his life.