The truth. Chapter 5

My hands were clammy as hell, and my legs felt like they were about to drop off with the amount of trembling that was going on. Ethan killed someone. What the actual fuck? Ethan notices that my knees are shaking and can tell that I'm nervous by the sudden change in my body language. "Cam I think it's time for you to go." His raspy voice turns stern.

"Okay, but I'll be back, because we really need to talk Ethan, it's urgent." She seems almost afraid of him.

"I'll show you out." He follows Cameron to the door and I can't help but keep my eyes on them. Cameron's out of our apartment and Ethan is slowly shutting the door, but there's a small gap that he leaves open so that they can have a private conversation. Cameron whispers something in his ear and he whispers back.

"She has the right to know." Cameron mutters.
"Yes and now that I'm aware that she does know, because you told her, fuck you." Ethan glares at her and shuts the door.

"Get away from me before I call the police!" I say, my voice is jittery as hell.

"Call them." Ethan responds, sitting on the couch with his legs up, so relaxed and calm.
"Excuse me?" My voice suddenly turns high as I'm so nervous. "I didn't kill anyone, technically." He indicates with his hand for me to come sit next to him, but I shake my head.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" I ask with a raised tone, I can't bring myself to shout since I'm just in complete, awe, shock, I feel sick to my stomach.

"It all started when my brother Grayson started dating my sisters best friend, Alexis, she was a junior and he was a senior. Grayson liked Alexis so much to the point where he'd do anything and everything for her. They'd been going out for six months and Grayson finally got the courage to tell her that he loved her, and she just smiled. She didn't love him back. And that wasn't her fault, but she wanted to end things, the only reason why she didn't was because he was so quote on quote "good in the sack."
"I was a bit of a nerd in high school so even though we were twins, she never looked at me twice because Grayson was the irresistible one, according to all the girls at our high school. But then I guess puberty happened and I got my acne taken care of with medication and I didn't need my braces anymore and I started to wear contacts instead of glasses. That's when Alexis started to notice me, when I'd "glowed up"

"People are still beautiful with acne, glasses and braces." Ethan smiles, "I think so too, but unfortunately, at the time, no one would even look in my direction."

"Anyway, Alexis was staying over and while Grayson was asleep, she came into my bed and grabbed my face and started kissing me, I pulled away almost immediately and said "Alexis what the fuck? You're my brothers girlfriend!"

"Yeah, well technically I am, but I'm gonna dump him tomorrow so it's all good."
"She leaned in again and I gently pushed her off." "No, no it's not! You have to leave."

"She then started screaming waking up Grayson and Cam all because I wouldn't kiss her. My parents were out of town and our neighbours were meant to be "keeping an eye on us" so I covered her mouth with my hand so she'd stop screaming, because if she'd carried on, they probably would've rushed into the house. Anyway, so Grayson and Cam came in quickly, most likely wondering what the hell was going on and she said that I came onto her, and tried to do things to her, after she said no.

She basically accused me of sexual assault, when she actually started kissing me without my consent, I denied everything, but they believed Alexis, over their own brother, considering her eyes were suddenly flooding with tears, she must've taken drama class at school to be able to make up all of that stuff about me. Or she was just really damn good at lying, Grayson shouted "You're dead!" and I ran towards the window to try and jump out because there was a tree right in front of our house so I could literally just jump and grab onto it. But before I could jump Grayson grabbed me and hit me in the face and kept hitting me, Cam and Alexis tried to break us up but somehow they got in the middle and I knocked Alexis and she lost balance and tried to hold onto me but I was so concentrated on trying not to hurt Cam that I didn't realise and she fell out of the window and broke her back. It was the worst night of my life."