XV | Shattered Petals

XV

S h a t t e r e d P e t a l s

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

"What are you doing?"

An 11 year old girl with Snow White hair and clothed mask was chopping the woods. A job that a male would usually do. The girl didn't respond to the question the 13 year old boy asked her and continued to chop. The boy sighed and grabbed the axe before she could land it on the log.

"A man would never let a woman do hard labour." Sabito spoke gently yet stern, taking the axe from the girl, brushing their fingers and chopped the wood at her place. The girl stood silently, staring at him doing work. Then she walked away without a word, back in the small house Urokodaki lived in.

Sabito stared with an unsure look on his face as he eyed Mashiro walking back inside. He went back to do his work with a blank face.

She hasn't talked since she began to stay with us...

Sabito continued and was itching to know more about his new friend and saviour. He continued chopping till sundown and decided to finish and pack up.

The next few hours seemed to go by as usual. Exchanging a few talks, partially about their day and the training they were going through next, but once again Mashiro was the only one silent about herself. She was always the one who ate quietly back in the darkness away from the fire. She was always the one who wouldn't mind whatever things were given to her without a complaint. She was always the one who stayed back and allowed the others to feed themselves and take care of themselves more- only leaving a few things for her which she didn't mind at all. She didn't mind.

At first, they all thought she was just shy, embarrassed perhaps? But after a few more days of no sound coming from her lips, they knew that she was the cold and emotionless type. And emotion wasn't going to show easily itself if it was her.

Sabito always wondered. He never forgotten the music that played from her mouth as she spoke softly to him. He would always remember the concern and care Mashiro shown to him the first time they met. It all felt tingly and warm to him. It was the first time he felt that way. Even Makomo couldn't place that kind of feeling.

Even though she doesn't show emotions, she likes to make people feel all kinds of it...

This all frustrated Sabito. All he wants just now is to hear her speak once more, to hear the melody flowing from her plump lips. If Sabito had to describe her voice in one word, it would be-