Paige's Angel

Author's Note: this originally was going to be a short story for LifesPuppet... umm... it isn't all that short so I'm making it it's own story! Enjoy! :)

I DON'T OWN PHANTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“They say the Phantom likes to sneak into the dorms at night and kidnap little ballerinas who don’t dance perfectly!” a dancer whispered to the ballerina in the neighboring bed.

“He’ll noose us all for sure!” Another one said.

“The only thing you have to worry about is falling off the stage.” A ballerina named Paige scoffed as she changed into a nightgown.

The ballerina she had spoken to stuck out her tongue at Paige and said “You fear the Opera Ghost just as much as anyone else!”

“I do not fear him.” Paige said bravely. Which was true, she didn’t fear the Phantom one bit. If anything, he intrigued her. This was far from the normal reaction to the ghost story, but Paige was far from being a normal girl. She was always looking for an adventure, and she would never turn down a dare… in fact that was what got her into trouble in the first place.

“Fine, if you’re so brave then I dare you to spend the night in Box five! No one can go with you and you can’t bring a candle.” The blonde ballerina challenged.

“Fine.” Paige said, looking bored. A small group of ballerinas followed Paige as she walked quietly to Box five. They didn’t get very far before Madame Giry caught the group and sent them back to the dorms. Paige continued to walk alone. She reached Box five and opened the door, her eyes quickly adjusted to the dark. She sank into a red velvet chair, the one closest to the edge of the box. When she thought about it, she assumed that this would be the chair that the Phantom himself would sit in if he was watching.

Just as she started to doze off, a voice boomed “Why are you trespassing in my box?!”

Paige jumped up and almost fell off the box itself but she felt a strong hand wrap around her wrist and catch her. Paige recovered almost instantly and turned to face the man in the shadows. She smiled and said “Sorry-but the chairs in here are just so damn comfortable-nice and soft.”

The Phantom was obviously taken aback by her response but he soon got over it and growled “I’ll have to ask you to please leave.”

“Sorry, can’t do that.” Paige said. “I was dared to spend the night here and I see no reason to leave.”

“I could always knock you out and carry you back to the dorms.” The Phantom said.

“And ruin your good… I mean bad name?” Paige asked in fake shock. “Besides the half the ballerinas are still awake anyway.”

“Well I’m not leaving either, this is my Box and if anyone leaves it will be you!” the Phantom said.

“Have it your way,” Paige laughed. “I’m not leaving till morning!” the Phantom grumbled to himself as he walked over to a chair on the opposite side of the box. Paige wished that she could see what he looked like; the only thing she could make out was the slight glow of his mask. “So Monsieur Phantom…” Paige started. The mask turned toward her and she continued “You aren’t really a ghost. What’s your name?”