The Dead Have Arisen

"My fucking head hurts"  I say, putting a hand on my pulsing head, no blood. Thats good. "What the hell happened? Guys?" looking around the cab of the car, both Haily's door and Justins door were opened. How long was I out? Apon closer examination, my door wouldnt open because one of the mechanisms were broken. My hand over the buckle, i press the little red button, releasing the strap, and start climbing towards the other door.

An inch of snow already? I must have been out for like half an hour. Where the hell are Haily and Justin? I thought. looking back towards the way I came, there was a body in the road, being consumed by the white bliss of snow, head cracked open, brain all over the road and onto my tire. Looking towards the front of my small car, I realized I hit a power line, which had knocked out all the power for this area, so where was everybody? No one out wondering why their friday night football had went out? 

"Jacob!" I heard a familiar higher pitched voice, turning towards it, it was Haily, running towards me. She looked sad, and was crying. 

"Haily where you go? Wheres Justin?" 

"You didnt wake up, and we cant call out on our phones, so we went looking for help, we found someone but they were crazy and bit Justin on the neck! We ran away, but after a couple of minutes he collapesed, I stayed to help him..."She trailed off, tearing up again. Suddenly she wrapped her arms around myself, and dug her head into my chest.

"Is... is he, dead?" I asked, with a deep swallow, wrapping my arms around her.

"I think so, I tried to get him back on his feet, but I wasn't strong enough." she cried, muffled through my shirt. 

Putting my head ontop of hers, I saw a figure walking, more like hobbeling towards a nearby house. "HEY!" I called out, and it turned and looked in our direction, and a shiver flowed through my spine. 

Haily turned to look at the figure, infront of the man with the crushed head whom I drove over, the human hobbled towards us now, left foot falling behind its right foot, but somehow still managing to stay up. It passed under a street-light...

 it was Justin, bloody and broken, limping towards us, hunger in his eyes, no longer human.

"Haily, we have to go, I can guess what is happenening, we need to get back to the house."

"Why, Whats happening? Its Justin, we should go check on him.

She just didnt get it. "That new virus? you remember hearing about it? I think thats the cause of this. We need to get back to the house, I have some books we need to get.

"Hey Justin, are you feeling better?" She wasnt listening.

A slight difference in the cold, blowing air. Something was aproching me.

"Justin?" she said one last time, gladness turning to fear as the unliving walking corpse drew closer. 

I turned around to see the corpse of my best friend, 8 feet away from me, his overcoat, drenched red with cold blood, and a wound on his brachial artery, he drew nearer, with unseeing eyes. Our breaths, in the air, visible, had stopped, Justins had none to begin with, and had his arms out reached to receive the meat that was our flesh. 

"Haily, we need to go. NOW" I said,pushing the smaller woman behind me, but she wouldnt budge.

My dead friend, now in arms reach, grabbed myself and pulled me closer, trying to knaw at any bare skin on my body, the stench of blood radiating from him was nausiating. His left arm over my right shoulder, and the right arm on my neck, it hada very good chance of killing me, bringing its head closer to my neck, it started to bite, almost reaching me, I had my left arm on its upper chest and had put my left foot over it's right foot.pushing with all my might, the corpse fell onto its back, head hitting the snowy pavement, cracking.