Introduction

"Holy shit." said Haily, my girlfirend, and myself unsuprissed, we both looked at the man eating corpse right outside our window, its mouth, chomping, trying to eat but being stopped by the glass, hair, patchy and loose, eyes white as snow. Blood was all over its face, particularly the jaw area, and as a whole rotting, from the looks of it he was dead for about a week. It stopped, looked at the door, and turned the doorhandle and pushed the door.

"Got ya!" said Justin, my best friend, dressed as a zombie for the upcoming party at my co-workers house. "Wow dude, you had me frightened." Haily said, gigling, her bright red hair bouncing.

"You dress up like a zombie every year, isnt it getting a little old?" I asked retoricly  turning on the television. Why was the news on? A new virus? Who cares. I thought as I changed the channel from the local news. "I do admit though, you do look your best this year." I said sitting down, putting a hand behind my head.  "So we going trick or treating this year or what?" He asked, sitting next to me. as I got a closer look, his costume was very well put together, tattered clothing, fake blood, guts, even a bite on his lower arm.  "Are you gonna get drunk like last year?" I ask.

"nah, I've stopped drinking that shit remember?" Justin, being a liar, was 22, and only drank on weekends.

"Hey Jacob, mind helping me with my costume?" Haily asked. "I'll be in the bedroom when you come to help, be fast though!" she said, skimpering down to our bedroom. 

"Man how long have you known her now?"

"since seventh grade, but we really became friends during our freshman year of highschool, things just became better after that, I cant believe that was almost 8 years ago, 7th grade, oh and dude, you might want to make yourself scarce."

"Why- oh I getcha, go get her dude."

"Justin, please leave."

"Yeah" That was his cue to leave. to which he left out the back door, the same way he came in.

This isnt a smut novel, so I will spare the details of what happened for those 45 minutes. It was 4:47 in the afternoon when I got the text from Justin asking if he could come back over, to which we said yes. And having a friend living right next to you, is a blessing, as he arived at 4:48 in the afternoon, with a small baggie and a bong. "Hey guys, wanna celebrate the holiday?" he said holding both up. 

After getting it set up, I took the first smoke, holding the bong to my mouth and lighting the end, breathing in and holding it, then Haily doing the same, only not being able to hold it in as long, then Justin. "Is anyone hungry?" Haily asked, a couple passes afterward, which was responded with my laughter, and me saing "That is such a cliche, but yeah, I am hungry. mind getting some food?" I asked kissing her on the cheek. 

At 6 Justin got curious, and having never seen the basement, asked if he could check it out, the answer was both shot out from me and Haily, being "NO!" because, it was, as she calls it "the kink room" filled with sexual playthings.

After several hours, it turned to 9 o'clock, time to leave for the party, and it was pitch black, and snowing, because when you live in maine, it snows in October. 

"Its cold, should we go?" I asked, hating parties. Both of them said yes, I sighed. 

Time to go to the end of the world.