Chapter 8

In Jared's backyard it was mostly just open field so Danny ran till she was a good distance away from the house. Out of exhaustion and carelessness she just laid down in the field. It was mostly tall grass anyway. She starred at the stars until a voice interrupted her gazing.
"It's nice tonight, huh?"
It startled Danny, "Shannon?" Even though Danny had been 'talking' to Shannon for months now this was different. "How are you here? I'm not asleep."
Shannon shrugged. "Does it really matter anymore?"
Danny laid her head back down and sighed. As confused as she was, she just didn't feel like trying to figure out everything. "I don't think I can do this anymore," Danny said.
"Don't say that. What about me?"
"What do you mean?"
"I can't explain it."
"You've said that before."
"I know."
"I don't know what to do."
"You might need to think fast. Someone's coming."
"What?" Danny asked. And just like that Shannon disappeared once again. Suddenly Danny could hear the rustling sound of someone walking through the grass. She tried to keep perfectly still, assuming it was probably Oliver. Her heart was practically thumping out of her chest.
She heard a soft chuckle, she held her eyes shut tight.
"Well well well, hello Danielle." Her eyes darted open. It was Jared. Danny started to get up, "No, no, no. Stay," he got down on his knees, putting his hands down from blocking her from getting up. He obviously was drunk too.
"Stop. Get off me," she said, trying to push him away.
He started to get more aggressive. He put more of his weight on top of her, pinning her down into the earths dirt. "Get off me," she yelled once again.
"You know, you always have been kinda stuck up haven't you? Oliver was right when he said you wouldn't put out," He said. At this point he was completely on top of her. Danny was fighting with everything in her, she was getting desperate. She was trying to get her thumbs to stab him in the eye, something she had only seen in movies or in those magazine articles talking about how to defend yourself in a situation like this. Anything to get him off of her so she could run. He started to undo his belt, the metal clacking together. Danny was fighting but also mentally preparing for what was about to happen.
Until she heard a loud crack, taking her hearing away for a few seconds. Danny let out a loud gasp as she registered what had just happened. Jared now laid all of his weight completely on top of her. Blood was all over her face, some going into her mouth, Danny gagged at the taste. She was having a hard time trying to breath with all of his weight on top of her. Suddenly his lifeless body was pulled off of her. She gasped for air, turning on her side throwing up everything she had in her stomach.
It was Louis. Louis had shot Jared in the head. Louis tossed Jared onto his shoulder, like the football star weighed nothing. Louis stuck out his hand for Danny to take, and she did. Louis began to walk and Danny silently followed. It seemed like they walked for hours or maybe minutes. Danny was trying to process everything that just happened but was still in shock.
"Wait in the car," Louis said. Danny realized just how far they had gotten. She obeyed and got in the passenger seat. Louis went to the trunk of the car and put Jared's body in it.
Louis drove out of city limits and then off the road and into the dirt. He drove through a small path in the woods, stopping the car but leaving it on.
"Stay here," he commanded. He got out, popped the trunk and took the body out along with a shovel. He began to dig a hole and Danny watched him as the headlights were beaming right into him. 

The first thing Danny did when they got back to Louis' house was shower. She watched the blood pout off her body into the drain. Her hair was drenched in blood. She scrubbed her body over and over until the water going into the drain was clear again. After she got out she started in the reflection of the mirror. Her eyes looked tired or maybe more worried. The taste of blood was still lingering in her mouth, even though she had practically made her own gums bleed from brushing so many times. She broke down crying, curling in herself onto the bathroom floor and silently sobbed. Driving herself into a panic attack. Thoughts were flooding her mind, she was involved with a murder, would they get caught? Should she go to the police? Would Louis kill her? Was she going insane since she saw Shannon but was awake this time around?
She had been in the bathroom for a long time. Louis knocked on the door, "Danny," he said. "Are you-" he didn't finish. He knew she wasn't okay but he didn't know what else to say.
She didn't reply. He knocked again and there still was no reply. He opened the door and found Danny sitting against the wall with tears streaming down her face. He came in and sat down across from her.

"I know you're not okay but I promise everything will be alright," he said.
She didn't reply, her eyes just moved to meet his eyes, tears were still going down her face. He hugged her, and as anxious and awful she felt she somehow found relief from it even though it came from the same man who had just killed someone right before her eyes. She started to cry harder and she sank further into his chest.
Louis picked her up from the bathroom floor and took her to his room and laid her down on the bed. They just laid there as she sobbed and he held her. She cried until she fell asleep from exhaustion.