Shot

The teal blue sky of Felucia had fallen. In its place was a navy blanket covering the planet in serenity. That was, until Anakin Skywalker and the 501st got there.

"I want you all in ready postion. Rex and I will give you the signal. Got that?" he whispered over the intercom. The young Jedi waved toward his commanding Clone Officer and grinned slyly. Rex nodded behing his blue and white helmet, "Whenever you're ready General."

Anakin watched the sky for Seperatist ships but the only thing he saw were the shimmering stars above. "Let's go Rex," he commanded and the two sprinted into the shadows of the enemy base.

This was just another standard scouting. Nothing special, just a regular every day Code 4 run. If you were into that kind of stuff...

Anakin led Rex under the noses of battle droids in the watch towers, through the security field, and right upto the thick metal wall that kept them out. "Alright boys, move out," Rex buzzed over his intercom. Anakin's head spun around to watch his troops maneuver past watch lights. As his head turned, he marveled at the absence of the Padawan braid that used to whip his cheek just weeks before.

But now he was a Jedi Knight and that ridiculous braid was gone for good. He could do things his way and nothing would stop him from becoming the Jedi he was dedtined to be. No one but Padme.

Anakin shook his head. No. Focus. You can think about her when you're not behind enemy lines. He strictly told himself. But that didn't keep the corners of his mind from slipping back into the memory of his beautiful wife. It had only been a few months since they were secretly married on Padme's home planet, Naboo, but Anakin replayed the memory in slow motion every night as he fell asleep.

The sun setting across the water. The intoxicating fragrance of roses in the garden below. The sweat on the back of his neck as he uttered the vow that would change his life and the sweet sound of hers as she spoke, not only with her lips but with the passion in her big brown eyes. Her eyes were the most hypnotic pair of brown gems that left Anakin with the longing to feel her presence.

A smile grew in the young man's face as he breathed in the night air of Felucia while he wished to be star systems away.

Rex brought his mind back to reality with an urgent hiss. "General Skywalker, if we are going to make it in, we better get moving. And mind the security ships." Anakin shook his day dreams out of his head, "Right. Follow me fellas!"

Anakin marched his clones around the perimeter of the base. When they reached the back door, Rex went to work disarming the security lock while the general found himself staring up at the stars.

"Something wrong, General Skywalker?" one of the clones asked. Anakin kept his eyes toward the sky, "No. It's just, the stars aren't as bright here as they are in other star systems," he sighed. The clone, slightly confused, asked Anakin if he was feeling okay. But Anakin didn't hear him. Nor did here hear the whine of the back entrance as it slid open, or even when the battle droids who opened the door demanded him to put his hands up. The only thing that Anakin Skywalker heard was the sharp blast of a gun as its shot met his shoulder blade head on.

And then he heard the voice in his mind fire something much worse at him. The stars are getting brighter. You're dying.