Botanic Adventure Ahead

After the whole 'Mother-daughter complication', Shaden had spent the rest of her time reading her books. During her reading session her mother had walked in and took away the gas-mask that hung by the side of her window. From time to time she was aloud to open up her window, of course, wearing the gas mask, and enjoy what little there was left of an outside view. She had to close the window in a matter of minutes though, which was the only flaw. If she left it open for more than 5 minutes the gas would have invaded the house and eventually, suffocated her family along with herself. Brutal. she thought to herself. She was still thinking up a way to escape, she would have to think quickly. It was already night-time, and the air was significantly cooler. Meaning she would have to leave soon. Shaden put down the literature book she was reading and pulled her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. She propped her head onto her knees and began thinking of possible ways to escape, but eventually, after several minutes, came to the conclusion that she would not be able to escape. Her mother had sealed the windows and taken away her gas-mask. The only few ones left belonged to her mother and father and if she found a way out, she could take one, but it would leave her parents trapped inside their own home. Yeah sure, to get food, one could go and gather it all but the only problem was that, by the 'state', it was required that when leaving your home you would need to be accompanied by two or more people. Which was a very stupid rule to her. Her mother had also locked the doors and the Outer-clothes. Which was the required clothing to go outside. The thing was, the air was so full with incredibly toxic gas that it even affected the skin of those who left without wearing Outer-clothes. Your skin would bubble up and your eyes would go red in a matter of seconds and then, your heart would stop. You would be dead. Yeah, it was'nt the best thing to think about but Shaden had to keep in mind the consequences of what she would do. She groaned in frustration and thought harder. Minutes passed quickly, as she sighed. She had only one idea in the 10 minutes she thought. She would have to find where her mother hid the gas mask and the suits and leave in the midst of the night. Since the Botany Globe trip was a 16 day trip which she wasnt willing to take, she would have to take the MET Train. MET Trains were placed at small stations in every town. They were fast, really fast. That 16 day trip in a MET Train would easily be turned to a 6 day trip. Only problem was that it cost quite alot of money. For average citizens one ticket was €140. For Armed Forces it was €100. Either she had to pretend to be an Armed Citizen or travel by foot. Traveling by foot was'nt the worst option either. The State knew clearly that people had to travel by foot so they placed oxygen stops on every street for the next 49 miles. Oxygen stops are exactly what they sound like. They're small boxes, enough to fit a maximum of 12 people, made of sealed metal. Piping under the ground feeds in oxygen. But nevertheless, it was still 16 days. Shaden thought more, and more, and even more. She finally realized two things.

She would have to leave in less than 3 hours. And she would be walking the trip for 16 days.