Toxic Escape

Prologue: ------------------

Brown and green gas spread in the air like fire in a forest. The trees were not only bare but cadaverous and the grass was no longer there. The top-soil tasted the air and any insects left were dead. One girl sat silently behind her three-set windows. She looked out at the damaged and barren world. Sighing, the girl sat up and softly wiped her eyes. It was as if she had been crying, red stains streamed down her face and her nose was a crimson red. She stood up and walked away. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter:1 ------------------

Shaden Hooremen stared out her window longing to leave the tedious and draconian place she called home. Beyond her windows everything was dead. Gone and dead. Shaden slowly backed away from the window and walked to her bed. She grabbed a book from her assortment and passed her fingers over the dry and dusty pages. The book was of history and nature. It displayed pictures of sand-full deserts and historical monuments with an enormous amount of people gaping at the perfect, stone-built structures. Shaden giggled at the thought of being there. Surrounded by a crowd of people and breathing fresh air. Even if outside the air was pernicious, there were special places where she could go and breath freely. The Botany Globes. They were large half-spheres where actual air pumped in and prototyped sunshine made bright green trees grow and Flora and Fauna was scattered everywhere. Simply thinking about ever going there made blood surge through Shaden's veins and static excitement pump from her heart to every limb. It commonly happened but the happiness dissapeared quickly when she remembered that the closest one to her home was atleast 16 days away. Shaden sighed and tucked her book into the book shelf. She lifted herself off the bed and walked over to her door, upon opening she heard her mother call to her. "Shaden! Could you please come down here?". She grunted. What is it this time? She thought. Shaden headed downstairs and turned the corner to find her mother wiping her hands at the sink. Her mother was not the best at expressing love when the time was right. As she said 'Draconian'. Shaden walked over to the sink and stood until her mother turned around placing one hand on her hip and the other leaning on the sink. She sighed "Your father tells me you tried to get a gas mask and head outside. Is that true?". Shaden rubbed her arm and blew up her cheeks, sighing. It was true, a few days ago she had attempted to go outside but her father had come back and seen her. She tried to convince him it was'nt her, since he only saw some of her, but apparently he'd decided it was. "Y-yeah, about that mom I-".

"No TV, no phone, and no windows. You know the drill."

I was shocked, even if she had already grounded me several times. "But m-". She interrupted me with a shake if her head and a wave of her finger. "No. No 'buts'. Go to your room." Shaden was left gaping at her mother. She hated her guts alot. Alot. But she knew that they were only trying to protect her. Shaden stomped upstairs and as soon as she shut the door, groaned in frustration. She was tired of all the crap her family gave her. She breathed in slowly and then out, like she taught herself to. Of course it was only a breathing excercise, but it always helped her relax when she felt pressured. Having no windows would'nt seem so bad, until you lived in a place where you rarely left your home and even less, actually did something fun. Shaden let her shoulders droop and her eyes drop. Right now the only thing she wanted, more than ever, was to leave for the Botany Globes. 16 years. 16 years cooped up inside a house with two parents who bothered her too much. Yeah, a Botany Globe trip was EXACTLY what she needed. And that was what she was gonna get, as soon as possible.