Chapter 6 - Suffering Detention

I should train myself into holding in my laugh. Honestly.

Because right now, I was receiving The Evil Eye from Ella.

Long story short, I overheard Ella talking about David, as in me, and then I cracked up. So, the same incident as what happened with Jason. Coincidence? Possibly.

So, back to the moment. Ella was in front of me, with this kind of... you-should-be-jealous-of-me look...? That's the best way to put it. I just smirked back at her.

"Are you?" she asked proudly.

Whoops, tuned out there. "Am I what?" I asked, confused.

"OMG, you are so deaf. Are you jealous of me?"

"Pfft. Why would I be jealous?"

"Because that guy was talking to me on Facebook and not you. Oh, wait, you don't have Facebook!" she exclaimed, cackling along with the rest of her minions.

Oh, I don't, do I? "Who knows?" I asked in a smart tone when she was done cackling.

"Like, everyone."

I decided to play with her mind a little. "You know what? You're right. I am jealous. I wish David, whoever he is, would talk to me," I said, ending it with a fake, soft sigh.

She looked at me cockily. "Well, like as if someone that good-looking would talk to you."

"You're right again," I said, nodding and faking impressed, "Ma'am."

I knew I got her startled, because her mouth hung open immediately. I smirked at her once again and turned around abruptly, smacking my hair into her face and leaving her there astonished.

Taking long, confident strides with a happy grin plastered on my face, I made my way to Kiara's locker, since it was usually our meet-up spot when school finished.

"I swear what took you so long?" Kiara asked, annoyed, when she finally saw me. "I swear, grass grows faster!" she exclaimed. When she saw how hard I was grinning, she said, "Okay, I swear, your smile is scaring me!" Gasping, she inferred that, "You did something you shouldn't have. I swear you did!"

"You said 'swear' too many times. Good guess, though. Except the last bit, me lady!" I said, laughing at her troubled look. "Come, I'll tell you the story..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"What a douche. She'll catch you sooner, you know," Kiara said, disappointed, after I was done telling. "You know, you are such an idiot, my friend."

"So I've been told many times before," I said back, "ma'am."

"Shut up," she said, laughing and pushing me away. "You sound like a man when you say that."

I laughed. We continued walking in silence.

You know that feeling when you think of an oh-so-fantabulous idea and you literally sense this light bulb spark alight and glow brightly? That's the feeling I got when we nearly reached home.

I did this weird squealing sound because of the excitement that was rapidly bubbling in my head. Kiara looked over at me, and her eyes widened.

"Uh-oh, bad idea alert," she joked.

"Shut up. I'm full of brilliant ideas."

Kiara shook her head at me. "You may proceed."

"We should soooo prank-call her!"

"Um, okay. And what will we prank her by?"

"I can talk to Ella on Facebook through David, and give her my number and tell her to call me. Then, I can pick up her call and say that it's, I don't know, Ryan Waters from the RSPCA."