Chapter 5 - Can't Get Away Unpunished

I feel so guilty for not uploading!

I was so busy for the past month, homework, test, assignments... it was crazy.

But I'm here now, with a pretty long chapter to make up for it!!

Next chapter will come pretty soon, I promise you! Time to get this story back on the road...

********************************************************************

I was no good with excuses. When someone asked me where I’d been, I would start twitching and looking around, trying to think of an excuse, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t buy it.

I remember once, in primary school I had forgotten to bring my homework to school on Friday. It was so stupid of me – I had stuck it on my fridge with a magnet and had forgotten it there on my way outside the house. My teacher had asked me where my homework was, and I was scared to tell her I’d forgotten it at home.

The week before this incident, I had read a joke from a Joke Book:

Teacher: ‘Where’s your homework?’

Student: ‘I ate it because it was a piece of cake.’

I liked that joke.

Wanna know what I said when she asked me?

I said, “I ate it because it was a piece of cake.”

I mean, how dumb can I get?! I still can’t believe I said that.

Anyways, back to the point. I, at present, could NOT think of a good excuse to give to Jason.

But I had to think fast. And had to make it believable, too.

Argh!

With my fingers carefully posed on each home row key on the keyboard, I racked my brain, trying to think of a plausible excuse. After some careful thinking, I said something stupid:

‘I’m on my phone’

What a bad excuse.

He messaged me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jason: then you can talk to me too :)

(No! I will not!)

Me: yeah, sure

(Note the sarcasm.)

Jason: awesome

(What?! Did he just get over that so easily? So I was practically sweating for nothing?)

Me: wait, so you’re not angry?

Jason: I can if you want

Me: nope x)

(Guys are lucky in that respect. They get over things like that so easily…)

Jason: so, about that chick.

Me: umm, yeah…

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

And the rest of the conversation is unnecessary. He would define an awkward aspect of the ‘chick’ and I would reply with “uh huh” and “okay…” or something lame like that to imply that I didn’t want to talk about this. And I didn’t. I’m surprised the people in ancient Egypt didn’t think of this type of torture for their prisoners. This was torture. Torture for females.

This time (and I was sooooo lucky), Jason had to go out somewhere with ‘that chick’.

Sighing, I went back to do my homework. Once I had finished, I decided to play some Tetris.