Chapter 29: Reassurance

ϟ Grey ϟ*3 hours before Azalea and Grey's fight*

ϟ Grey ϟ
*3 hours before Azalea and Grey's fight*

"Are you aware how talented I am with these drinks?" Jai boasts, twirling a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"Are you aware of how much I don't care?" Roman turns up his shot.

"Are we gonna open the bar or are we gonna just sit here?" Theo pokes his head through the door to the back, "can I go home?"

Apparently we're already fucking open because the bell above the door rings and someone walks in.

"Isn't that..." Jai trails off and I look to who's walking in.

What the fuck does he want?

I stand from the barstool, walking to him and meeting him in the middle.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, cutting the bullshit.

"I came to see how everything is going," he lets a smirk onto his face.

"You could've called Azalea, you don't need to see me," I send him a pointed glare.

"But I knew she wouldn't tell me the truth if things were going bad," Aaron shrugs a single shoulder.

"You just look for a way to get her to hate me," I counter. It's all he sticks around for.

"You're not wrong. I've got a good instinct. You could never deserve Azalea. She's too good for you," I feel his words dig into me and I snap my jaw shut to keep what I want to say from coming out.

"You don't fucking know me."

"I know more about you than you think," he chuckles, "you're the head of this whole thing, right?"

It's not like it was a fucking secret, he's not a special motherfucker for knowing.

"To the guys here, you're 'boss', right? That only makes me assume that you've got control issues. You're used to controlling these people, so you'd want to control the woman in your life too," He acts like he's some sort of fucking specialist.

He doesn't know shit. I'd die before being controlling over her.

"Get the fuck out of here," I send him a small shove.

"Why? Because you can't stand me being right? She'd never stay with you," he raises his finger to my face.

I'm going to break that fucking finger.