Chapter 1- Revelations

Chances are believed to be at its best when given in dire times. Second chances, don't have to happen just once. There's no rule to granting a second chance as many times as it would take to make a person better.

This is the story of Rhyde, and Zelda. An unconventional couple, who live to unfold a beautiful love story.

It all started a long long time ago, when Rhyde's father decided to adopt a baby. Growing up in the strict home made him the fierce, organized man he was today. He loved his parents dearly for taking him in, so he did everything to live up to their expectations.

Now, 24 years later, his father told him who his real parents were...

Rhyde sipped his coffee, remembering his father's words 'Don't tell your mom, but i'm actually your real dad'.

Suddenly, it all made sense. A questions that have been dawdling his conscience for a very long time was answered. Why did he look so much like his father, how can an adopted child have this many similarities? He always thought that it was a happy coincidence, but now he wondered how could his mother not see?

His father had had an affair many years ago; 'it was a mistake' he said, but that one mistake made his friend pregnant. And he spend the next nine months convincing my mother to adopt a baby, when they already had four kids running around.

'A few months later we learnt she was pregnant with a boy. Good thing you only had sisters. I convinced your mother i wanted a boy, and I did not want her to go trough the nine-months pain'

Dispite all the revelations that day, Rhyde remained calm. He was not a man to overreact. He would not tell his mother, he knew it would hurt her. He did not get angry at his father, he was just happy his father never abandoned him. He did want to know who this Lucile Fabris was.

'She was my friend in high school, she left you at the adoption centre and-' He stopped. His father did not continue talking about this lady, and Rhyde knew his limits. He was not allowed to ask further questions. But he wanted to know more about this lady, and he wanted to meet her.