Blind Date

Avery Atkins sat staring at her reflection. She was quite pleased by her radiant complexion. Every hair upon her head was in place and the makeup carefully applied to her face. Turning her head, she checked out the time. If minutes were coins her blind date should arrive in a dime. Heart beginning to pound in her chest, Avery hoped that she could trust her cousin Celeste. As she had coaxed her into agreeing to this date. Claimed that Gloria Madison was definitely Avery's perfect mate.

Ten minutes later, the buxom blonde sat staring at the front door while wondering if she should tuck a pair of panties and a dental dam inside her purse in case she managed to score. Rolling her eyes at such thoughts, Avery shook her head. There was no way that she would take this stranger so quickly to bed. Then again, nineteen months had passed since she had any. What was her name...oh yeah, Jenny.

Ding dong, the activated doorbell broke the quiet. Rising to answer Avery looked at peace, yet within was a riot. Nervously licking her lips, she unlocked the door and wrapped a hand around the knob. Fortunately, she packed Tylenol as her temples had begun to throb. Pasting a smile upon her lips, she threw open the door, eyes immediately drawn to voluptuous hips. Eyes traveling from north to south, a genuine smile took up purchase on Avery's mouth. Thus far she didn't have a clue if Gloria Madison was indeed her perfect mate, but from a physical standpoint every inch of her was perfectly great.

"Good evening," Gloria greeted in a sultry tone.

"Hi there," Avery replied, quickly deciding that those generous breasts were not silicone. "Thank you for the flowers." She accepted the bouquet already in a vase with glee. "Would you care to come in, as I could put on a pot of tea?"

"No, thank you, we have reservations for nine." Oh my, Avery Atkins is so very fine. Her friend Celeste swore up and down that her cousin was beauty personified. Checking the woman out for herself, Gloria realized Celeste hadn't lied.

"Then we should be on our way." Avery indicated her flowers. "First, let me put these away."

##########

Minutes later, they were driving down the street while Avery thought her date the most tasty looking treat. Leggy and shapely, Gloria had wavy hair dark as midnight. And OMG, those light green eyes were a beautiful sight. An aquiline nose, incredible cheekbones, lips reddened, pouty and full, Avery felt herself being drawn like a magnet and she couldn't resist the pull.

"What do you do, what is your occupation?"

"Pharmacist," Avery murmured. "All day long I handle medication."

"Cool, do you enjoy what you do?"

"Sure, it pays the bills and helps me buy pretty shoes." She smiled when the comely driver released a chuckle. Breathing her in, she noticed Gloria had the scent of honeysuckle. Headache beginning to go away, Avery asked her how she chose to fill her days.

"Guess."

"Don't know where to start, I must confess."

"My passion is to teach."

If I were in her class, would hang on every word, whether she lectured or gave a speech.

##########

Perusing the cuisine she asked, "Does anything look good to you?"

"Yes, but it isn't on the menu."

Looking up, Avery noticed that her date stared right at her. Throat cleared, she said, "I've heard the lobster is so good it can make one purr."

"Huh, never thought I'd having something in common with a lobster."