Chapter 3: We made it to the top eight!

(Y/n) (l/n) ~

Today I'm here at the bey arena where the next round of the Districts is about to begin. When I entered the waiting room, the first thing I saw all of the bey club standing there and it looked like they was lecturing Valt.

"―avoid thinking about beybreads in the middle of the battle. Is that clear?" Rantaro was saying.

"Hi, you too have a battle today?" Valt asked me, completely ignoring Rantaro.

"Yes," I said, stopping by the group but not looking at any of them. I scanned the arena, searching for the incharge.

"Mastered Flash Launch yet?" I asked, still looking here and there.

"No," Valt replied. Rantaro asked me something. I was kinda busy looking around so I couldn't hear him.

"What?" I asked.

"What?" Rantaro asked back.

"What?" I repeated.

"I asked what are you looking for?"

"The incharge, obviously."

"Why?"

I frowned at him, wondering where so much of foolishness comes from, for he was asking the most obvious thing in this world.

"I...have a battle today?" I replied slowly, still studying Rantaro. Then I took my eyes off him and looked around again, finally spotting the guy.

"Hey, you!" I accosted, walking up to him. He looked at me awkwardly. Clearing my throat, I tried again. "Can you, um, tell me when I'm battling? I'm (Y/n) (l/n)."

I thought of saying 'Can you please tell me...' but finally decided not to. He eyed me once more before asking, "Are you the Golden Blader?" I just nodded in reply. Once more he glanced at me suspiciously before searching in his iPad.

"Seems like you're last today," he said. "Maybe till then you can watch others' battles."

"Whatever. I didn't ask for your advice." I was about to walk away when a boy with long blonde hair and another boy with curly black hair came up to the incharge. I stopped to study both of them because this blonde suspiciously looked a lot like the very cocky Wakiya Murasaki.

"Can you please tell me when we're battling? I'm Wakiya Murasaki and this is my friend Hoji Konda," he said politely. The incharge looked at me once again as if to say: This is how you ask for favours. Learn something from these boys.

I shrugged. He started searching in his iPad and Wakiya seemed to notice for the first time that someone else was standing beside him. He turned to look at me.

"I know you," he said.

"Do you?"

"Yeah. You're the famous Gold Blader," he said that in such a way that it felt like he wanted to add on: You may be famous but I'm more famous.

"And?"

"You're a strong blader."

"Of couse I am~"

The incharge interrupted our conversation. "Wakiya Murasaki. You're third today. And Hoji Konda, you're battling tomorrow."

"Thanks," Hoji said and the incharge walked away.

"You're going down. I'm here to win the tournament," Wakiya said to me. Hoji's expression made it clear that he knew Wakiya wouldn't.

"Oh please. You can never beat me. And even if you manage to, there's Valt. And even if you manage to beat him, there's Shu. You got no chance, dear."