Archive Log: 63

Minerva managed to find Rosenthal sitting near the fire, her skin pale and sweat beading her forehead. She was rocking slightly, clearly an automatic response to shock and pain. Smiling kindly, she made her way over to her. "Officer?" Rosenthal's bleary eyes looked up at her, Minerva knelt down slowly. "I am so sorry for taking so long. Can I look at your wounds now?" Minerva asked kindly, she saw the looks the others sent her way. Yet Rosenthal nodded, she glanced to her pack and Minerva got the hint. Reaching across she picked the bag up as if it weighed nothing. To her, with all the equipment in it, it did. Weight didn't affect Minerva. Rosenthal stood shakily up, she started to walk off. Minerva watched her go, blinking wide eyes she ran after her. She was confused, "Where are you going?"

"Back to that place with the water. I need to clean my wounds, right?" Rosenthal shot over her shoulder, keeping her arms close to her chest.

"No, yes, I mean yes but...I could just bring the water to you. There's no need to push yourself to move around. You've clearly lost blood." Minerva said while pausing and stamping a foot, Rosenthal was stubborn and not listening to her which was bugging her. Even more so after David's general pettiness.

"It doesn't matter. I don't want the others seeing. They'll just pity me. I don't want their pity." Rosenthal sounded rather determined, Minerva felt her eyes softening. She didn't want to appear weak in front of the others. From what she could gather, she was the only female security officer.

"Okay," Minerva conceded and set the pack down, avoiding the small well in here which was on the floor. Rosenthal stood near the mirror and the sink like structure. She took off her weapons and shed her top, standing in a vest it was easy to see the damage done to her.

"My med-kit should be in that small pouch." Rosenthal said, nodding in the bags direction.

Minerva nodded, watching as she hesitantly seemed to dab dried blood away, before dunking her arms fully in the water, with an audible hiss of pain. "What did this thing look like?" She asked, pulling out the kit. She balanced it on the bag and opened the pack. Finding iodine she stood and moved to the officer.

Rosenthal awkwardly held her arms out. As strong as she was being, that still didn't take away how agonising iodine was and would be; especially to deep wounds. "White. Size of a big dog. I've never seen anything like it. Are they common here?"

Minerva cracked the pod of orange liquid open. Shaking her head, she held Rosenthal's wrist. "This will sting. I am sorry." She said instead, naturally the officer tried to pull away. Minerva sent her sympathising looks, she didn't know the pain. She felt bad for inflicting it on her though. "No. Didn't David explain, there is no life here." Minerva put iodine on the other arm, listening to Rosenthal inhale through her teeth and squeeze her eyes shut. Rosenthal stepped away and took to looking at herself in the mirror, Minerva sighed. She leaned down, kneeling almost and rummaging for bandages for her arms.

She was perhaps more aware than Rosenthal, that they weren't alone. She was the one with the heightened senses. So of course, Minerva heard the low clicking before Rosenthal did. She remained motionless, statuesque even. She could hear the quiet footsteps, the sniffing of air, the low rumble of a growl. Minerva straightened up, slowly her head turned and she looked up at the creature beside her. Rosenthal looked stoic, she was trying to get her gun from behind herself. Yet before she even had the chance, razor sharp jaws opened and latched onto her. There was a gurgled scream from Rosenthal as her head become detached from her body. The gun in her hand fell to the ground and Minerva just tilted her head. Ignoring the arterial blood which was splattered over half of her face, Minerva just watched.

The way in which its spindly fingers grasped onto her shoulders and leaned over and devoured her, was strangely fascinating to her. The gauze in her hands was dropped, seemingly remembering she was there, the creature dropped Rosenthal's body and sniffed at the air. "Well, hello. Aren't you beautiful?" She whispered quietly, tilting her head and looking over it. In the low lighting, it appeared grey in colour, yet stepping more into light, the whiteness was peeking through. "You seemed to have killed my patient." She looked down at what remained of the officer. "It's okay, I'm not angry. She was boring me a bit, to be honest." Minerva pouted, blinking slowly she smiled when the thing knelt or at least leaned to the side to look up into her face. "You're trying to figure out if I'm food, aren't you?" It was different, unlike the baby which David introduced to her, this thing hadn't had to imprint in a way. It had just cleanly ripped Rosenthal's head off. It could do the same to her, only, it would soon find out she wasn't very edible.