Guardian Heart

Kendall was inspired by Oga Tatsumi, Carlos was Furuichi Takayuki, but he’s not pervert! Logan was inspired by Kunieda Aoi, all in Beelzebub. But it’s just an inspiration, not totally like them. James and Daniel are the most original here because I developed their character myself and Roy was inspired by Natsume Shintarou.

Appassionato
Chapter 3:
Guardian Heart

“Henderson! He’s the king of rampage! He’s the one who beat our previous captain!” a member yelled. Logan twisted his head on him, glaring so madly.

“Then I shall make him pay for what he did. Prepare yourself, king of rampage. I shall not go easy on you!” He stormed Kendall at the lightning speed—holding his bokuto so tight and hit Kendall right on the head.

Kendall realized it was not a sword that samurai used to fight. It’s just a wooden sword. He taunted his eyebrows with intimidation, smiling. This guy seriously had courage to confront him with just wooden sword. Let’s see what he got.

The Blonde also made a quick move, evading Logan’s sword that cracked another floor. Logan was infuriated as he span around and made another hit. It was being blocked. Kendall grabbed the wooden sword and Logan pulled it out from him—the heat scrubbed against Kendall’s skin. Logan bounced back and landed on the floor. It’s still warm up, but people there were already wrought-up.

Kendall giggled. “Not bad, baby-faced. However I will make you kneel before the king of rampage!” He blasted off with a furious fist aiming for his enemy. Logan was set his defense, anticipating Kendall’s attack. He crouched down once the knuckle were going to hit, and undertook Kendall from below—striking his stomach but unexpectedly Kendall hauled his hakama and threw him against the wall.

Logan suffered the pain on his body, but indeed this is not the end. He was even getting excited to face someone supreme like Kendall. “Okay, enough for the warm up! I will show you my real power!” He stood up, Kendall knew he’s gonna attack soon. Therefore, the king of rampage hurriedly launched to prevent him.

Believe or not, Kendall realized his clothes suddenly torn with no clue and there are some scratch on his skin—his arm, either his cheek. He stopped pacing, wiping the blood on his face and allowed his eyes to focus at Logan that slashed his swords to the air. He broadened his eyes, observing how the sword obviously releasing something—it’s the air wave that torn his clothes and his skin in case Logan increased his pace—slashing his wooden sword like a freak. Kendall defended himself with his elbows, slightly moving forward and searching for the right angle to make an attack. He understood he couldn’t evade the velocity of the wind, but that’s it; an aerial strike.

Logan giggled seeing Kendall suffered his secret technique. He kept swinging his sword and even get brutal torturing Kendall. “What’s wrong, Schmidt? Give up already?” He provoked his enemy.

“Damn you! This is nothing! I’ll break you!” Kendall went berserk, he ignored the slashing air that hurt him. He dashed into Logan—giving himself to him.

Logan mumbled. “Silly…I’ll make something more for you!” Boosting his energy to make great power, Logan burst a giant sonic wave crushing the wood floor. He saw Kendall kept on charging, but vanished from his sight out of blue. Logan shocked out, starting to get aware, sought him out. Meanwhile the wave already put the door into splinters.

“Where is he?!” Logan dropped a sweat, panicking.

“Up here, you fool!” Kendall shouted as he glided in the air. Logan shocked out once Kendall’s fist was about to smash him. He instantly parried his sword to shield him from Kendall, but it’s no use. Kendall brought his whole power to crush Logan. His bokuto was broken—split into two and consequently Logan took a great damage to his face. He tumbled down to the ground as soreness broke his heart.