1.9

It was sort of pointless how Hazel sat in front of her vanity mirror and painted cat whiskers on her face. It was Halloween, and this would be considered pointless since Hazel wasn't going out or doing anything rather extravagant that day. In other words, she was planning on doing nothing.

"If I'm going to do nothing," She spoke to herself as she continued to draw the whiskers on, "I might as well look cute."

It seemed like a slightly fun idea to get into the spirit of Halloween, and she even bought loads of candy and placed it all in a large bowl. Typically, she would've saved from embarrassing herself in front of ten year olds and would've eaten it all, but Hazel felt shockingly 'nice' that day, and thought that it could be 'fun' to give candy out to strange kids.

After setting the large bowl on the kitchen counter, Hazel clumsily flopped onto the couch and somehow managed to successfully cover herself with her duvet. Then, as she flipped through the countless television channels, she kept on adjusting her position until she felt so comfortable that she could stay in that spot for eternity. Of course, fate wasn't at her side and at that literal moment, the doorbell rang, and Hazel allowed a very loud and obnoxious groan to escape her lips.

She had decided to take her time walking to the front door as she doubted that there would be anyone special - like Harry Styles for instance - behind it. The doorbell rang once more, which made her roll eyes before pulling the door open.

Hazel expected to see some kid wearing the predictable Elsa costume or whatever in front of her, but to her surprise, she saw absolutely nobody at all. Must've been another stupid child, Hazel thought to herself, pulling that stupid prank of ringing the doorbell and running off, thinking it was funny.

And just saw she was about to swing the door shut, Michael, who dressed up as one of those superheroes, popped out of nowhere, yelling out, "boo!"

"What the fuck?" was her instant reply as Hazel took a step backwards, one of her hands placed onto her chest as a gesture to show her shock.

"Happy Halloween, Hazel!" Michael smiled, proudly placing his hands on his hips. He then let himself in, lightly pushing her out of his way as he did so. He seemed to be examining her apartment, before Hazel noticed Michael's eyes light up at the sight of - of course - the bowl of candy.

"Michael," Hazel called out as she watched him pick out his favorite sweets from the large bowl. He then immediately turned around, raising an eyebrow upwards in question.

"Hi," She said quietly, pressing on her bottom lip with her top set of teeth. It was then that she realized how much she missed spending time with Michael. Hazel and Michael have been friends for such a long period of time, and have always been inseparable.

Michael gave her a look before turning back around and stuffing his face with some of the sweets he had picked out. Hazel sucked at starting conversations because she was so incredibly uninteresting and nothing near exciting happened in her life. She noticed Michael's costume, which confused her, as she had no clue who he had dressed up as.

"I know I'm not too big on all those superheroes or Marvel or whover," She spoke up once again, attempting to start a conversation, "But I'm pretty damn sure that the superhero you're dressed as doesn't exist."

"Oh," Michael span on his heels, smirking after flipping the large red blanket (but he kept on referring to it as his cape') that was tied around his neck to reveal his custom-made body suit, "But this superhero does exist, and he's known as Mike-ro-wave!"

"Mike-ro-wave," Hazel repeated with a smile drawn upon her face, "That's honestly such a clever name. I'm impressed."

"I'm not impressed with your costume, though," He said truthfully, crossing his arms over his chest, "So original, you're dressed as a cat."