Ch: 6 Out Of Shadowlands

A/N: From here starts the sequel to TLB. I hadn't planned to upload before July and I am quite proud to have been able to post this one. My beta is presently busy at the moment so I would be glad if any of you inform me of any mistake that might be in here. :) Anyway, Enjoy!

Chapter 6

Out Of Shadowlands

“Have you all not guessed yet?” Aslan asked.

I do not know why but a sudden wild hope threatened to overwhelm me. Looking at the others, I could see that the others felt the same way as me.

“There was a real railway accident. Your mother and father and all of you –as you used to call it in shadow lands- dead. The term is over, the holidays have begun. The dream is ended; this is the morning.”

I could not keep the smile that came on my face. Lucy was as usual overjoyed but none of us could express our happiness at that moment for just then Aslan began to glow.

We all shielded our eyes against that powerful light. Still, we could see that as the light grew, Aslan’s form changed.

When the light had all but disappeared and we could see again, we were left speechless at the sight in front of us.

How Aslan looked, I cannot describe, for there is no word in any language ever spoken that could be used as an adjective for him.

I immediately knew why Aslan had used the Lion form in shadowlands of Narnia. The beauty and majesty that he now radiated would be too much for our mortal bodies to bear.

Though I cannot describe him, I will give you all an idea of what he was like.

He was like a light and support that could lead you to surface from the deepest trench of ocean. His presence gave the same joy that the sight of a real pond gives to a person dying of thirst in a desert. His eyes were warmer than the Sun yet more soothing than the moonlight. He was someone who everyone looked upto. He was someone who would guide you always and bring you to the right path without ever saying ‘I told you’ when you get lost in wilderness. He was He.

It is but a poor example of what he was like for I know not how to explain in any other way. I can go on giving examples after examples but you will never even come close to knowing how he truly looks. I can just hope and pray that you follow the right path in the shadowlands and get the chance to see Him for He was a sight you would give up all your worldly pleasures to see if you only knew.

We were all awestruck. Even Lucy crept closer to me and did not go anywhere near Him. This hesitance, I knew, was not out of fear but out of reverence.

“Children, do you fear me?” He asked in a voice, which though like his form had changed, held the same love and wisdom that his earlier voice held.

“Oh Aslan.” We all fell to our knees.

“Rise. It is not a place to bow before anyone. You are all dear to me and have earned the right to live in the place you loved forever.” His voice calmed us to a great extent and we felt as if we were in the loving embrace of a father. “Now, I suppose, you all be comfortable here and go and meet others whom you haven’t met already.”

With that, we were all once more dismissed.

Lucy was standing on my right with Edmund on my left.

“So, what do you say we do?” Ed asked smiling.

“I say,” I looked at both of my younger siblings as well as at Eustace, Jill, Professor Kirke and Aunt Polly. “We go and tell everything about Narnia to Mummy and Daddy.”