CM Love: Chapter Five

Chapter 5:

                "So are you going to tell me what happened at work?" Punk asks as he walks up to Carson sitting down on the couch right beside her, she looks in the other direction debating whether or not to bring it up things were awkward enough as it was.

                 "You don't have to pretend you care." Her words were slightly true, obviously he didn't really care how her day was but it did bother him to see the life in her gone. The glow she used to have radiate off of her is no longer there, and a certain sadness appear in her eyes.

               "I do care, come on tell Punky what happened..." he pouts placing his head on her shoulder giving her his best puppy dog eyes, she glances over at him trying to hold back the smile wanting to come through. Phil was very confusing one minute he was an arrogant jerk, than the next he was the sweetest guy in the world, bipolar much?

                 Phillip listens intently as Carson struggles to tell the story of the beautiful little girl who died way to young, he was touched at how she has only known the girl for a month and was so close to her. "Sometimes we lose the best of people at a young age, Cars. Be thankful God took her out of her misery she is in a better place, finally cancer free..."

                  For the first time someone actually said something that put her heart at rest, she looks ups into his dark eyes as the tears bead hers. Phil stares back wondering what she was going to say or do, burying her face in his neck they hug. "Thank you..." she whispers, pulling back still feeling that fire between them.

               "Welcome..." she kept her head on his chest as they watch the TV, Phil couldn't take his eyes off of her it was so interesting to feel accepted by someone with no strings attached. "Carson?" He whispers noticing her breathing really slowed down, he slowly leans forward to look at her face an seen her fast asleep. "Sweet dreams." He whispers into her hair kissing the top of her head before gently placing his head on top of hers falling asleep as well.

             "So tired." Selene groans placing her key into her lock, twisting she pushes the door open and stops in her tracks. Phillip and Carson were cuddling on the couch, narrowing her eyes she rushes over flicking Punks ear.

             "Ow," he says grabbing his ear and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, "What was that for?" he groans seeing his sister standing over him with her hands on her hips giving him the stink eye.

             "I told you not to flirt with her."

             "I didn't, I helped her and she fell asleep, completely innocent. It didn't even get PG 13 up in here everything was strictly PG buddy, buddy like." She narrows her eyes at him not sure whether or not to trust him,

            "Fine." She finally says giving up she throws her keys down and pulls off her jacket, "Take Carson into my room, you can head home. I'll sleep on the couch." 

               Carson stretches in bed, wondering where she was then last night comes back to her she sits up in the bed wondering where Phillip is. Examining the messy room she looks horrified, "How does Sel find anything in here..." her eyes stop on the pillow beside her on a note, "Selene kicked me out this morning, if you need me call. 867-5309. Have a good day, Phil" a smile lingers on her face as her heart flutters slightly, maybe he isn't so bad.

                "Jane, here are the files you asked for." Carson smiles handing over the files to the lady at the front counter of the waiting room, she glances into the room just to get an idea of how busy they will be when she notices a blonde hair women seated. "What is she doing here?" she asks dunking down behind Jane,