CM Love: Chapter Three

Chapter 3:

              “Well hello, Gorgeous.” Punk smirks, taking the blushing Carson’s hand and kissing the top of it. Carson knew instantly who the guy was, she remembers seeing him at the airport the day she came into town, which meant she knew this nice guy act was just that an act. “I’m Phil,” He adds,

                “Ew, no.” Selene chimes in walking through her brother and best friends hand making them split, she grabs Carson’s arm leading her into her apartment. “No flirting guys, seriously.” She adds before letting go of her arm and heading into the kitchen for a drink.

                “Of course not,” Carson giggles lightly, Phil instantly even more drawn to her with that innocent country accent and adorable laugh he has had every kind of girl, except an innocent one and he saw the perfect girl to change that. “I have a boyfriend.” Carson adds, shocking the siblings Selene didn’t even know Carson was dating anyone.

                “Not for long…” Phil mutters under his breath having a plan up his sleeve, it would be easy to replace a boyfriend he has done it a million times, even replaced a husband a few times, now that was a challenge.

                “What?” Selene says spitting out her water, wondering how on earth she was never informed of this. “And you never thought, hmm maybe I should tell my new best friend about my boyfriend?” She asks doing a horrible impersonation of Carson’s accent,

                “Alright, now that was just offensive right there. Worst accent attempt ever.” Carson grins and Phil’s knees buckle filling with so much lust as he chuckles at Carson’s words.

                “That is beside the point, and shut up, Phillip.” Selene scowls at her older brother, who just laughs harder at his sister’s anger. “Why did you never tell me?”

                “I thought it was obvious, look around there are a ton of pictures with me and one guy.” Carson points around picking up the closest one handing it to her friend, she examines the guy still confused on how she missed that.

                “I thought that was your brother or something…then again you are from the south, so it still could be.” She laughs at her joke sitting the picture down, Phil laughs along and Carson folds her arms across her chest making her breast look even bigger catching Phil’s attention immediately.

                “That is a stereotype; I’ll have you know I have never met anyone that married their siblings. Although one time 3rd cousins got married but that is completely legal in this country!” she pouts sticking her bottom lip out slightly, her legs planted on the floor but from the waist up she was pivoted to the side. She is so sexy, Punk thinks as he chuckles nonchalant with Selene.

                “You are so cute when you’re mad,” Selene taunts stealing Phil’s thoughts she walks up to her tapping her friends nose playfully, “So what is this guy’s name?” she adds pulling Carson on to the couch beside her wanting all the details,

                “Michael, we met in high school…” The girls go on and on as Phil sits down on the chair going over his game plan, one up to a gossip talking is I can figure out the guys weakness and come up with a game plan to steal her, just until I get what I need of course. Phil thinks with his cocky smirk forming he listens in, from how Carson explains it this Michael guy is perfection. The perfect country gentlemen,

                “Pft,” Punk rolls his eyes, not buying this for a second. The girls stop talking and look at him expecting to add to the conversation so he does, “No guy is that perfect, either you are hiding something bad about him or he is gay.” He says bitterly a little pissed off that they guy was making this harder than it had to be with him not even being here,

                “He’s not gay!” Carson says quickly as her anger rising, she had been wondering when the real guy she met at the airport would emerge and here he is all too soon. The jerk laughs then licks his lips eyes locked on Carson’s and the room was quickly full of tension,

                “So you are hiding something?” He asks with a devilish grin on, Selene studies her face knowing Phil was very good at knowing things like that, where as she sucked obviously hell she didn’t even know there was a boyfriend until minutes ago.

                “Did you ever think that maybe he is better than you and most guys out there?” she questions, glad she sees a pinch of emotion in Punks cold eyes, she must have hit a sensitive topic. “Are you jealous?” she grins pushing his emotions just slightly further as his eyes ignite with fire,

                “Phillip Brooks, does not get jealous! I am the best in the world, baby. Trust me when I tell you that your little pretty boy isn’t as perfect as you think, he is most likely cheating on you as we speak.” Phil hisses, taking Carson back not expecting him to stoop so low as to mention her biggest fear cheating.

                “Just because Phillip Brooks would be cheating right now, does not mean Michael is. Michael was born in a place that respects women, not this God forsaken place!” Carson yells forgetting just how proud, these two siblings were of where they come from.

                “Hold the fuck up!” Selene yells jumping up from the couch, everyone was standing now as emotions were running high as ever. “It’s one thing when you call my brother out on being a man whore, but it’s a whole other thing to put down my city.” She says stern, her and Carson staring each other down.

                Carson stands tall not wanting to back down, when it hits her she was being unlady like she could hear her mother scowling at her for losing her temper. Taking a deep breath she takes a step back, “I’m sorry, I got carried away, I shouldn’t have spoken ill about your brother or this city…I just miss Michael that’s all.” She whispers obviously ashamed of herself, Phil honestly felt bad for her and could tell she needed a hug.

                That was when it hit him, Michael wasn’t in Chicago, and his weakness was not moving here with Carson.  “No, don’t apologize. For my work I’m playing an arrogant jerk and sometimes it just takes over and I forget who I am. I’m sorry for attacking Michael like that, I’m sure he is a great. Please forgive me, Cars…” He trails off, Selene a lot less tense realizing how stupid this fight was. Carson stares at Phil he appears to be so sincere but her mind said not to trust him but her heart which softened when he called her Cars like Michael does tells her he is really a good guy.

                “It’s okay…” she trails off, Phil pulls her into a hug surprising Carson taking her a moment to hug back before she wraps her arms around his waist, feeling a heat rise from within her at his touch. Michael gave her a tingling sensation at his touch but Phillips was a burning that oddly enough felt amazing.

                Pulling back she turns to Selene, “And I’m really sorry, Sel, you know I love you so much for helping me get used to being here. You truly have shown me how wonderful Chicago can be, I just get home sick from time to time.” Selene looks at her unsure before smiling wide pushing her brother out of the way and hugging her adorable friend.

                “You know I can’t stay mad at you!” She laughs squeezing Carson tightly, “I think it’s that accent, how can you stay mad at something so cute.” Carson looks over Selene’s shoulder while trapped in her iron grip hug, Phil stood there confusion on his face as he stares into Carson’s eyes. He never appeared more vulnerable until this moment right now, he felt in amazing sensation while hugging her something he didn’t expect. Life was bound to start getting very confusing for quite a few people very soon.