Badness

The next day, a hula girl was preparing her act to go solo. She was looking longfully out into the distance. She wondered if it was fruitless to hope Stitch would come back. Even for all the damage he had done, the hula girl still wanted her friend back.

==MHAG==

Mahina dropped her wrench. It made a loud echoing clang. She didn't even mind. She stood up, her head peeking over the chamber. "Did we do it?"

Jumba lowered his own wrench. "I...I think we did."

Mahina smiled brightly. She walked around, reaching up for the bicycle handlebar. She had her hand on it when Jumba touched her wrist to pause her.

"What if it doesn't work?" Jumba asked.

"It will." She promised.

"She's right, Jumba." Pleakley came up, putting a hand on Jumba's shoulder.

The gestures of comfort seemed to work. He took a step back.

Mahina gleefully grabbed the handlebar.

==MHAG==

The hula girl was still looking out towards the woods. It was almost her turn. There was no sign of her dance partner. She let herself feel a moment's disappointment.

"This is it." The hula girl told herself.

Just when she was about to give up completely, there was a rustling in the bushes.

"You'll do great."

"Stitch?" She asked.

A tiny blue alien was coming out. He was curled in on himself, hiding himself in shame.

==MHAG==

Mahina was about to pull down the switch- to prove to Jumba that they weren't failures in inventing- when alarms went off.

Turning to the computer screen, both scientists watched in dismay as Stitch's numbers dropped to lethal.

They were almost out of time.

"No!" Jumba yelled.

"What's happening?" Pleakley asked.

Mahina went to flip a switch on the chamber. They would need to make it mobile. There wasn't time to grab something to carry it.

"His circuits are about to blow." Jumba answered Pleakley. "We have to get him in the fusion chamber now!"

"Shouldn't we test it?" Pleakley asked.

"There isn't time." Jumba shouted.

Mahina grabbed a second handle, dragging the now floating chamber like it was a red wagon.

Jumba noticed this, staring at Mahina and the chamber in confused delight. "What did you do?"

"Added hoverboard tech to the bottom." Mahina answered. "For transport."

"You are genius!" Jumba patted the girl on her back. Mahina soaked in the praise like a dying flower taking in water.

She would really appreciate it later. You know, when her friend wasn't about to die.

==MHAG==

It was just three little scratches. Three tiny things on her cheek, not even noticeable. They would be gone before long.

But it was enough for Stitch.

He was convinced now. He was all bad. No more goodness.

He'd hurt Lilo. How could he fall so far?