Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Ella's POV:

Love is something powerful, something that everybody feels differently, something that has multiple meanings. Love is a word you can use to describe a person you cherish or feel very deeply for.

But I can't use that word for Declan. What I feel for him goes beyond the simple word called love.

He consumes my dreams, he drowns my thoughts, he creates my smile, he holds my heart. Only this boy can do that, only my Declan can do that. He's not my everything, he more, so much more.

He paints my sky, colors my stars, intoxicates my world.

I didn't think I could love someone so much, I didn't think that they could love me back. I know my faults, my flaws, my shortcomings. But he sees them and loves me anyway.

He calls me beautiful like it my name. He has impacted my life dramatically, in so many ways I can't count.

Being with him makes me feel so lucky, so awake.

After seeing Declan and him reassuring me that everything was going to be okay I felt better. He gave me his sweatshirt and walked me to my next class but not before squeezing my hand and kissing my forehead.

He gave me that heart-melting boyish grin that made my cheeks the normal rosy red and said, "Nobody will bother you, baby, unless they want to mess with me."

I walked into class with a huge smile on my face, I'm sure I looked like an idiot. I couldn't help it Declan always knows what to say, and he always manages to give me butterflies.

I cuddled into his sweatshirt, it smelt like him. For that my smile grew.

In class, I kept to myself and thought about Declan. If I didn't look up and ignored the stares then I could easily drown them out with him. With my pencil, I wrote and worked on my questions this time with no distractions. My spirit was lifted and I didn't want to fall back into my insecure thoughts, so I pictured Declan's pearly green eyes and his soft lips.

The bell rang and I wasted no time scurrying up from my seat, gathering my things, and leaving the room. It was lunch and my stomach was growling.

As soon as I stepped out the door a hand grasped my arm spinning me around. My feet twist awkwardly not expecting it and I fall onto the cold hard floor. My elbows hit first breaking my fall but not before shooting pain up my right arm.

A gasp leaves my lips as my cheeks flush scarlet. What just happened?

I quickly get on my knees and push myself up. I pick up my book bag and look around for the source of my fall. My eyes begin to sting but I blink willing them to stop.

A blonde-haired girl stands in front of me with a not so warm smile on her plump lips. For some reason, she looks familiar but I don't know why. She wears a little too much makeup for my liking and her shirt, in my opinion, shows to much to be school appropriate. I wouldn't even wear anything like that at my own house let alone in school.

I rub my aching arm and mumble. "I-I um... did y-you need something."

She runs her cold brown eyes up and down me. Slowly I begin to feel insecure, what does she want? She's obviously gorgeous and she's definitely judging me. Her lips curl with distaste.

"I don't know what Declan sees in you." She finally says.

Water blurs my eyes as I stumble for something to say, "W-what."

Her hands find her hip as she glares at me. My hands begin to tremble, I don't even know her. How can she say such a mean thing when she doesn't even know me?