𝐓𝐖𝐎. Robbery

"This is a robbery. Fight back, and you will die on this train tonight!"

The voice is remarkably harsh, bitter tone not floundering once. It effortlessly breaks through the black bandana, the fabric favorably concealing the features of the person.

"Be kind and yield any valuables."

Metal spurs click against the wooden flooring, glove-covered hands gesturing towards an opened sack. They reach their first victim, nodding warningly towards the bag.

A gold pocket-watch and a worn case of coins are enough for the intruder to go on, calmly stepping over to the next passenger. Their demeanor is lean-back as they approach a woman.

A scowl is visible on her soft face, hands clutching her handbag with all her might. "You people disgust me!"

The intruder tilts their head, one hand releasing the sack. "I ain't here to hurt you, ma'am," they speak, dark and emotionless.

"Please, don't do this. Lord, do spare us!" the woman cries, staring up at them with pleading eyes. A lone tear strokes her cheek, desperation coating her features.

The robber plants their hand on the pistol in their holster. However, they halt when the shape of a boy comes into view. He can't be older than five, and he's glimpsing up at the masked intruder- just as terrified as the woman.

Without looking back at the young mother, the thief proceeds to the next row. The bandana covers half their face, hat tipped down to hide more. Still, the blank expression is as clear as the starlit sky outside.

Both hands signal for a man to give up his belongings, the sack dangling limply beneath their grip. They do not speak, simply gesturing for him to cooperate. However, as he refuses to do so, they unholster their pistol in one swift motion.

"You be wise now, mister."

His features go from confident to frightful as the weapon is drawn. He doesn't waste another moment before throwing some goods in the bag, cowering away the next second.

The next fellow stands up before the intruder can approach him, chest drawn out as if to show dominance.

The robber doesn't halt their steps. Instead, the rear of the pistol is brought up to the man's temple, harshly smashing onto his skull.

He drives down to the floor, creating a painful thud when greeting the compact flooring.

The person stands over their victim, hunkering down to search his inner pockets. Proudly, they flick out a money clip, as well as a polished gold ring.

The criminal stands back up-

"Alright, law's pullin' up. Get outta there!"

Unhesitantly, they sprint towards the exit, gripping onto the rail as their body wavers in the harsh wind. A hand comes up to fasten their brown hat. afraid it will get lost in the depths of the wind.

Blonde locks escape the cage of the coat, instantly attacked by the merciless wind. Blue eyes scan the surroundings, not surprised to see a crowd of men clad in blue appear in the distance.

A gentle neigh catches their attention, a triumphed smile creeping upon their lips. Although, it's not visible as their mouth is still covered by the dark fabric.

Without hesitating, the body of the intruder jumps off of the speeding train and onto the horse's back. Hands clutch the metal horn of the saddle tightly, making sure not to slip off.

Then they're off, determinedly galloping to flee the dreadful law. Doesn't take long before another horse comes up by their side, but it's not the enemy. It's the familiar sight of a grey and white spotted appaloosa.