Chapter 12

You lay in the back of the wagon as the convoy headed out. You had no idea what time it was, you only knew that it was sometime at night. Each of the wagons hand a small lantern attached. Also the moon was full, lighting the tracks as the wagons headed south.

To start with you lay there with your eyes open, but Micah kept on leaning over the top of the wagon, ogling you. So you decided to pretend to be asleep. This was easier said than done, since every uneven piece of track, jolted the wagon. Not helping the wound in you side.

As you lay there, you could tell he was still looking at you, even with your eyes closed. His eyes boring into you like two flames.

"She's a pretty little thing though, ain't she," Micah smirked.

"I'd shut up if I were you Micah, if Arthur hears you, well I wouldn't want to be in your shoes," Javier warned.

"I'm not scared of Morgan!" he scoffed, "besides, this little lady needs someone experienced to show her the ropes, cowpoke wont even fuck the whores in Valentine."

You lay there cringing, he was talking about you, like you were some piece of meat.

"At least he has to turn 'em down, they don't even ask you!" Lenny sniggered.

"Shut your mouth boy," Micah snarled.

As you lay there, in the back of the wagon, you heard a new voice you didn't recognise.

"Oi, Micah. You've got to go up front, I've got to take over here."

"Says who," Micah sneered.

"Arthur and Dutch, just following orders,"

You heard Micah grumble, then the clatter of horses hooves as his horse rode away.

"I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, Sean, when he comes back!" Lenny Chuckled.

You opened your eyes, and glanced over at the side of the wagon.

The young Irishman, smiled at you.

"Ah the young miss is awake," he chuckled, a glint in his eye, "Sean Maguire at your service miss!"

Javier shook his head, "She's been awake all the time, you idiot."

Sean puffed himself up, "I knew that, just didn't want that oily turd being an arse!"

You chuckled, "please to meet you Sean, I'm Blair," you introduced yourself.

"Oh I know who you are!" he exclaimed.

"I hope you don't get into trouble, when Micah comes back," you worried.

"Oh don't you worry miss, he wont be coming back," he chuckled.

Javier frowned, "how come?"

"Because I told Arthur, he was trying it on. Arthur was furious," Sean chuckled. "Then I told him I'd take his place."

"How did you know?" you asked, as surprised as the others.

Sean laughed, "he's a slimy creep. It was only a matter of time before he started hitting on ya."

Javier shook his head, "what about you Sean, we all know what you're like!"

You frowned, wondering if he was worse than Micah.

Sean looked over at you, "Don't you worry Miss, I'm a gentleman, and quite harmless."

Javier and Lenny both chuckled.

"Harmless, maybe. A gentlemen, don't you believe a word of it miss," Lenny quipped.

You smiled, "I think you're all gentlemen. Well you seem to be!"