Chapter 2

Towards the end of my shift the next day, Taylor and Cecelia came to pick me up. Cecelia is the only one of us who can legally drive. I recently turned 16, but there's still paperwork to fill out and tests to take. Taylor's still 15, and in no way ready to drive. 

"So I asked my parents if I could go to the meet and greet, but they said they have to think about it. If I'm allowed do you want to go with me?" 

They both looked at me excitedly and said "Yes" in unison. Just as I rung up the rest of the people in the store, Kelsey, who's taking the next shift walked in. I greeted her as I went to the back room to get my things and finally leave. 

As we drove back to my house I explained to them how we were going to pay, and Cecelia volunteered to drive us so that our parents wouldn't have to come.

Once we got inside Cecelia and Taylor went right for my closet to get the sleeping bags because it was getting late and they were going to stay over. I went to my room and popped a movie into the dvd player, then went back downstairs to help. We brought everything to my room and made comfy little beds in front of the TV. My dad must have heated up the pasta from yesterday, before he and my mom left for a company party they were hosting at their work, because it was sitting out when we got home. So we finished up the remainder of it up and relaxed for the rest of the night. By 10 Cecelia and Taylor were knocked out but I was still wide awake. I knew I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon so I decided to DM Shawn. 

"Hey Shawn there's no one for me to talk to right now so I'm just going to write to you."

I took a deep breath as I sent it. I know he's probably not going to read that or anything else I send for that matter, but it wont hurt to try. 

"So my day consisted of waking up, going to work, getting picked up by my two friends, Taylor and Cecelia, and then watching a movie for the rest of the night. This is pretty much all I do on the weekends, and it's kind of boring. School is just as bad. I feel so stupid sometimes when I don't know what my teachers are talking about. Most of the time I do because I have previously learned it, but sometimes I am so clueless and I don't like that feeling. I just hope that when I graduate I can do something cool like travel."

Writing this all out now really makes me think about everything. I feel like I'm talking to a guidance counselor, but since I'm not really talking it's like writing in a diary. 

After I wrote all of that to Shawn it felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders, and so I fell asleep with no problem that night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm sorry if this isn't that good I'm new at writing short stories. I don't want to go into too much detail because it's a short story, but I hope you like this. Comment anyhting you want and please vote!