The Knightinghem Family.

Zianna was later to be found unconscious by guards who were sent out to see what was holding them up. The morning sun had risen, the bright rays peeking through the darkness.

    The guards were horrified, their shocked expressions told anyone who saw to stay away. the coachmans neck was slit and he looked beaten, his head was pushed far back and blood was pooled around his body. "Lady Zianna!" One cried, grasping her shoulders softly, gently shaking her awake.

  She looked at her surroundings before calling out for her son, "Zane!" Her voice felt drowned out as though it wasn't hers. She sunk down, crying softly into the guard. She once again fell unconscious, her eyes red from crying. A white piece of cloth that looked torn hung loosely in her hands.

   A week later a decree was issued, if found Zane Ro'meave is to be brought to Okasis, rewards included for his safe return

But, there was no one who came forth.

OoO

  A young Zane smiled at his family, His mother's name was one of honour, or at least he thought so, her name is Alice Knightinghem. Her hair was sought out for being the colour of the dark blue sky, something he's always loved. Her piercing green eyes, something akin to the bright shining of Emeralds. She was quite short and thus underestimated, however given a sword she could beat hundreds.

   She's the leader or a smuggler group, a famous one named the Widows. The group was named because from what anyone could tell the group was primarily made out of women, them being more able and fit then the men of the group, who were solely there for their strength.

   It's how his parents met, he always loved the story, his father Adam, a religious man who joined the Widows to get away from his responsibilities as a Duke of the kingdom of Tu'la, he had dark black hair matching his, though his eyes were a brown colour that could easily be mistaken for orange when light is shone upon them. Adorning his black hair were a pair of Dark brown cat ears, his tail was almost always hidden from sight.

    Zane always wondered why he didn't have their eye colours, or even me'fwa ears like his father. Zane was born half blind, or at least he thinks so, after a training accident he had lost all previous memories of his life, including his family.

   His older sister never talked to him, making him feel excluded, I mean he was compared to some people, but he didn't let that deter him. He was going to be the best smuggler they ever had, and he was going to gain some respect, or at least he hoped so.

   Zane was often stared at, the kids of the group always avoided him staring at him oddly when he tried speaking to him and left him out. Usually he was found in the library or staring at the weapons the blacksmith made, he loved the colour of fire. Something drew him to it, its bright yellow colour memorizing him, it made him happy. He didn't know why.

OoO

    Garroth threw himself into training after they heard the news of Zane's kidnapping, his heart stopped when he thought of what could be happening to his baby brother, sure he didn't know how to show it but he loved his brother.

   One thing he could be called now was ruthless.

    Garroth cut down any and everyone who was in his path, women, men, everyone.

    Vylad trained himself to be quiet, something that reminded him of Zane. He could stay unnoticed even under trained eyes.

    Garte kept an eye on both of his children, if someone had thought that the Ro'meave family was weak after hearing of Zane's disappearance, then they were surely to be mistaken.

   Garte was slightly disappointed but also quite happy, after some motivation both boys trained themselves, even if it was to find their brother. Zane was a sore spot on the family, Garte had previously wanted him to become the high priest, a position that was left open and would stay that way.

    Months went by and no sign of Zane came through, Garte was about to give up, in fact the thought of his son alive was something that he didn't think was possible or even hoped, who knows what could be happening, it was something he honestly didn't want to think of.

    He was proud of his children, even if he couldn't tell them.

OoO

   The red haired boy in front of him spat down on him as he fell onto the ground. The boy was quite tall for his age, he had Blue eyes that matched Zanes own and freckles marked every inch of the boys face, his nose was crooked and raised upwards on the end. Dirt marks adorned his face and cloths which were quite plain and ripped.

    Zanes eyes narrowed, he clenched some dirt in his hands before jumping up as quick as he could and he threw it in his face aiming for the eyes.

   The boy flinched back yelling in anger, he raised his hands up trying to clear his eyes when he felt pain rushing through his body until it settled in his legs. "AH!" He yelled out before closing his mouth and whimpering, he fell to the ground his eyes closed and full of tears. He wrapped his arm around his right leg.

    He blearily opened his sky blue eyes to Zane standing above him, worry in his eye. Zane stood slumped his hand stretched out. The pain in his leg numbed, he raised his hand grabbing Zane's and letting himself be pulled up.

   "Zane," he nodded, confusion lacing his voice. "I'm Ezra. Nice to meet you," He continued.

     Zane smiled, "it's nice to meet you too." Ezra breathed in, awe on his freckled face, the only looks anyone has gotten from the boy was on of thoughtfulness or confusion. Gingerly, he smiled back. "Those were some nice moves, do..? You want to join me in training?"

   Zanes smile only got brighter, "Sure!"

OoO

        Years past and Zane and Ezra were in separable, they stayed together no matter what. Many of the kids joined their little team of misfit smugglers.

        There was Amy, a little girl with dirty blonde hair and shiny brown eyes, her smile lit up any room she was in. She was the first to join them after seeing them training to fight.

   Then there was Lukas, he was Amy's older brother. Instead of dirty blone his hair was bright blond while his eyes were blue, a lighter blue than Ezras or Zanes, one that resembled the blue tint of ice. Lukas age was eight when they met only two years older than him. Zane always felt comfortable with the older boy no matter what the situation was.

    A few months after its another girl who joins, her name is Emily, she has Blue hair that matched his mother and the same piercing eyes except they were purple. She looks as though she could be Alice's daughter. She doesn't smile much, she doesn't like it, it felt fake to her. Expressing things on your face when actions spoke louder than feelings. She is the same age as him, turning seven in a few weeks.

   More months pass and their group seems more like a family, with his mom Alice teaching them how to fight and his Dad making supper for them after a long day, his sister Amelia often stayed in her room away from them but when she was there along side them she was often telling them about the world and the books she learnt them from, they seemed to be a family.

  OoO

Hello, UnkindWinner07 here, formerly known as Rin Isobu Walker. This is the second chapter of The lengths We Go For Family, now this book wont be very long five chapters at the least.

Disclaimer: everyone but The Knightinghem family and the Widows are Aphmau's. Feel free to use any of these characters.

COMMENTS and tips are quite helpful and I'd enjoy it. :D thanks for reading and don't forget to R&R