Chapter 4: Summer Holidays

Harry's Letter To Ron

To Ron Weasley,

What's up? I know it's only been two days but my second godfather is insisting I do my homework along with my mother. My father and godfather are saying it doesn't matter and that I should have fun during the holidays. Knowing Hermione, she'd probably have the same reaction as my second godfather (to do it immediately). What do you think?

Anyways, I'm really bored. Can you ask Fred and George for some pranking items since I really want to prank Abigail (My godsister). Abigail is a big bookworm and so tell them I want something that would make her stop reading all the time. Anyways, she's reading and my "pretty-much-god-brother" is so exited for Hogwarts that he's just talking about Hogwarts 24/7 and his father (my second godfather) is urging him to read some books. I swear, what's up with everyone reading?

Please reply soon, I don't think I can go too long without 8nteractiln with someone. You can use Hedwig to reply.

Your mate,
Harry James Potter

A few hours later, Harry finally got Jason to actually hang out without speaking of Hogwarts and Abigail to not read for just a little while

"Abby, what house do you think I'll be in?" Jason asked.
"Certainly not Slytherin. Same for Ravenclaw. You're brave and also determined and persistent. Gryffindor?" Abigail replied.
"What about you, Abby? What house do you hope to be in?" Harry asked.
"I'm hoping Gryffindor because I don't want to be alone, even though I'm ok with it, I'd rather be with you guys. I don't really know what house I am..." Abigail told him.
"Wow, I thought an automatic Ravenclaw for you. You would get along well with Hermione." Harry told her. Hedwig flew into the window, carrying a letter..
"Finally, it's been hours!" Harry exclaimed, opening the letter.

To Harry Potter,

Hey! I'm doing great. What's up for you? Ginny might be going to Hogwarts next year and she's just going to pester me about it until we finally get back to Hogwarts. Fred and George were dying to give me the thing.

Hope you do ok with your boredom,
Your mate,
Ronald Bilius Weasley

Underneath was a small note from Fred and George.

Hey, it's Gred and Forge.
We wanted to tell you how to use this. It's a sweet that will make any writing look like scribbles and any words sound like "blah blah blah". Use it well!

-Gred
-Forge

"Hey Abogail, I wrote to my friend, briefly mentioning you and they told me to give this to you. It's meant to make reading easier." Harry grinned.
"Okay? That's cool. Thanks." Abigail smiled gratefully before eating.
"Did it taste nice?" Harry asked.
"Why are you just saying 'blah blah blah blah'?" Abigail asked.
"Oh, I gave you a sweet that made every word sound like 'blah' and reading look like scribbles." Harry chuckled. Jason cracked an up laughing. Abigail looked confused. Harry wrote down the words but not about reading. She instantly tried grabbing a book about magical candies but it looked like scribbles. She exclaimed about that and Harry then added the part about the scribbles being words and she raged at him. Jason was laughing uncontrollably and Harry joined in laughing. Abigail began scolding Harry and then Remus and Lily walked in to see what was going on.
"What's wrong, Abby? What happened?" Lily asked, concerned. Abigail looked at Lily pleadingly.
"Harry gave me a sweet that made words sound like 'blah blah blah' and reading like scribbles." Abigail exclaimed. Lily looked disappointed at Harry and Remus just got out his wand.
"Finite Incantum." Remus incanted.
"Thanks, Uncle Moony." Abigail smiles before scowling at Harry.
"You're just lucky it wasn't Sirius and James who came over." Remus told her. She smiled gratefully and Lily and Remus left.

The rest of the summer went by quickly, with Harry writing to Ron and Hermione frequently and Abigail constantly reading, when she got her wand, she even asked Remus to teach her the Patronus charm. Jason just tried out 'Wingardium Leviosa', with Harry as his teacher and also teaching him a couple of other charms that he'd learn eventually in school at Hogwarts.