Chapter Twenty-Seven

The last few weeks had passed quickly, the days had been merging as time flew by. We celebrated Gabriel's birthday last week before him and Eli left to visit a bordering pack yesterday morning.

Gabriel had informed me that the Alpha wanted to discuss a potential share of land which we owned between the border of both packs.

Gabriel was debating the idea since it would bring in business for our pack wolves as the land that he wanted a share in was part of our town. Where many of our wolves owned restaurants, shops, and cafes.

Gabriel was still indecisive about the prospect of mixing two packs together; wolves were very territorial creatures and having two packs merge in one area can be explosive. It could also make some of our wolves uncomfortable or wary of the outsiders on their territory.

The benefit of it was the revenue it would provide; we did also have a very secured treaty with Alpha Kane. One that had never been betrayed or broken. It was the same pack that Gabriel had trained with when his father could not train him when his grandfather died due to his grieving.

'We will be confirming all the details tomorrow, but I don't see why I shouldn't accept the agreement. It does bring benefits to both parties.' Gabriel concluded, his voice sounding through my mind since he was still away on pack business.

I was laid up in bed, relaxing before it was time for bed. 'From what you have said, I don't see an issue. We just need to make sure that we reassure the pack and make sure they feel secured. It's an unusual arrangement that wouldn't be made between packs.'

'Definitely. I have set out a few tough regulations which Kane has to accept before we can conclude all the arrangements tomorrow. I should be back tomorrow night at the latest.'

My wolf perked up; she had missed him a lot over the past five days. I had kept myself distracted with Kennedy and I visiting The Blood Walkers Pack. Julian, Grace, and Dylan were all good and I was surprised with the news that Dylan and Sophia were expecting a little girl.

I had also invited them to my Luna ceremony which was set for this Friday afternoon. Usually, they would be completed a week after the mating of the Alpha and Luna, but everything had been crazy hectic with Gabriel and pack business that we did not have the time.

'I hope so, I miss you.' I replied sighing deeply, my bed felt so empty when he was not besides me and the house felt quiet too.

Kennedy had thankfully kept me busy but during the morning and afternoon she was occupied with kindergarten which left me alone unless Charlie or Taylor was available.

We soon said our goodnights before I fell asleep.

It felt like an hour or so had passed by when my phone began to ring, the sound buzzing on the nightstand, the light on my phone causing my eyes to squint.

The caller was calling on no caller ID and I debated answering it for a moment before going against my better judgement and reached for the device.

I accepted and put the phone to my ear, moving slightly so I was laying on my stomach, my eyes still closed from wanting to go back to sleep without being disturbed. "Hello?"

The line was silent until suddenly someone's deep hoarse breathing sounded through the phone, the noise had me sitting up and frowning. It was creepy, and the breathing became heavier and heavier. I stayed quiet for a moment before speaking. "Who is this?"

The person abruptly started humming then began clicking their tongue. It was disturbing and weird and I hung up immediately, only for the caller to call again.

I answered it one more time in case my mind had been playing tricks on me or if the signal had been disturbed but they continued and I instantly turned my phone off and sat up against my bedframe, turning my lamp on.