Chapter Nineteen

Gabriel had driven us back to Black Moon territory, I had shortly expressed that I needed to speak to him about something private, he looked curiously at me but nodded.

It was also his twin sister's birthday party this weekend and Kennedy, and I had been invited.

By the time we arrived at the pack house, Kennedy was fast asleep. I was slightly thankful for that as I was tired myself, wanting to have a restful day. I was looking forward to relaxing on the couch.

After we said our goodbyes to Taylor, Eli and Jace we walked up the stairs towards Gabriel's floor. Kennedy clinging to Gabriel's neck as she closed her eyes, still sleepy.

I waited in the living room, turning the television on for a moment while Gabriel carried Kennedy to the bedroom.

I scanned through the channels before settling on one. Gabriel walked in, taking a seat near me. He smiled and I smiled back, he had purposely allowed his leg to touch mine wanting contact. "Kennedy missed you, and so did I."

I smiled at his admission; I couldn't deny that I missed him too. I was open to the idea of being his mate and trying to make a relationship work, but I wanted to take it slow. I had enjoyed speaking to him every night whilst I was away.

It had made us closer, I felt I knew him better and understanding him as a man now was important for progression.

Getting to know him on another level, he was different to what I remembered, the night we met we had spoken for hours, he was arrogant then but now he made me smile from ear to ear, laughing at memories he shared, at the small things and about his fears and loves.

I surprised him when I moved closer, my back now resting on his chest as I bent my legs up on the couch. He quickly moved his arm to rest over my shoulder, I could feel his chest rumble with content.

We couldn't just disregard our mate connection, the past few weeks getting to know him and being in his company had strengthened the bond between us. This was an opportunity to re-establish our relationship and try to make it work.

"How did you find it with Kennedy, it must have been a shock to suddenly be a father?" I questioned as we sat in comfortable silence for a moment after my bold move of cuddling up next to him.

"It was interesting, she's very stubborn and bubbly. I can't begin to tell you how many times she forced me to watch my little mermaid." He replied laughing.

I couldn't help but grin, laughing myself as I knew that feeling. She was obsessed with it; she couldn't get enough off it. "I bet you've memorised every song, word by word by now."

"Indeed, I have. My mom and dad met Kennedy the other day, my mom couldn't stop crying at how beautiful she is. They can't wait to meet you on Saturday."

"I'm nervous to meet your family." I admitted, I wondered whether they resented me for not telling Gabriel about his daughter.

Gabriel immediately knew what I was thinking, reassuring me that they didn't have any ill feelings towards me. They just wanted to get to know both Kennedy and me.

We stayed there for hours, my body eventually moving to lay more comfortably on Gabriel while we watched television, my head leaning on his chest.

Gabriel had questioned me on what I wanted to speak to him about, but I waved it off. Not wanting to ruin the moment we were sharing; it could wait until tomorrow.

~*~

I woke up the next morning to find Kennedy sprawled across the bed, her legs laying across mine with her arms spread above her head. I pulled her towards me, her arms moving to lay on my stomach as she continued to snore softly.