four

Jihyo had never been so nervous in her entire life.

Standing in front of Mina's house, she couldn't help her increased heartbeat and her quickened breath, just as she couldn't stop her hands from shaking or her lip-biting.

The silence of the night was not helping her either; it only made the thumping of her heart more and more audible and that was the last Jihyo needed at that moment.

She knew she couldn't mess up this time; it was her only chance to get her life back, be happy again.

And when Jihyo thought about her happiness, the image of Mina smiling was the first thing that crossed her mind.

Then, it was Mina holding her hand or laughing at something she said.

Jihyo missed her.

So badly.

The talk with Dahyun had changed it all for her; if Jihyo had a chance to make things right between them, she couldn't let it pass away.

But why would Mina even forgive her?

She thought she didn't deserve her forgiveness, but then again Mina deserved to know why Jihyo acted the way she did.

What if Mina blamed herself?

The mere thought made Jihyo's heart clench so hard she felt like she couldn't breathe anymore.

She needed to tell her the truth.

Jihyo sighed heavily as she tried to find the strength to bring herself to knock on the door in front of her; she had been to Mina's many times, but never had it been so nerve-wracking for her to knock on that wooden door.

She felt like the whole world was about to crumble down at her feet.

Was she doing the right thing?

She told herself she was, but fear was getting the best of her thoughts.

She shook her head at her own indecisiveness; she needed to do this.

There was no coming back now.

With a last sigh, closing her eyes as if it would make things easier, she knocked on the door and waited.

She couldn't tell how long it took for it to open, but to Jihyo, it felt like a whole lifetime.

Still, when she heard the sound of the handle being pulled, she widened her eyes and looked at the other end of it, biting the inside of her cheek when she finally saw Mina.

It was the most beautiful sight her eyes had ever been blessed with.

Suddenly, Jihyo's eyes got watery and she couldn't help but feel like she had been a fool; the biggest one that had ever stepped foot on earth.

How could she think she could go on without her?

Mina was silent, but it was evident she wasn't expecting Jihyo to visit her.

Jihyo didn't blame her for being confused; she hoped Mina wasn't blaming her for breaking down in tears the moment she saw her after acting like she didn't know her for weeks.