Chapter 1

I already knew what today was but I just wanted to make sure. I was too scared to get up out of my safe bed. I was too scared to slip my feet into warm night shoes to avoid the cold floor and walk over to the calendar hanging on my wall. I was scared of a lot of things actually, but I still got up anyway.

                Looking at my calendar, I held back a sigh. It was my birthday, again, and I didn’t exactly love it. I knew what was waiting for me downstairs. Dad and Josh were running around searching for the cupcake they misplaced every year, Sally was late from her night job, and Aunty Barb was planning one of her signature pranks. I knew they meant well, but no matter what they did their efforts were all in vain. I hated this day of the year more than any other and I knew that deep in their hearts they did too. Although, more than hating this day, I knew they hated me.

                Reluctantly, I dressed and descended the stairs, careful of my every move. I didn’t want to fall on some sardine that the cat we didn’t own magically put on the stairs or grasshoppers raining from above. Yeah, Aunt Barb was weird like that. So far, everything seemed to be safe, so I just hoped for the best and ran to the kitchen.

                “Oh? Morning Sport! You’re in a rush this morning.” Dad was pretending he was just making some scrambled eggs. They smelled really good by the way.

                “No, not really.” I said walking over to a free seat by the kitchen table and sat. “I just don’t want to be killed by one of Aunty’s harmless pranks. Oh, and Dad, since you didn’t know, that was sarcasm. Hey, Dad, the cupcake you got me that I’m not going to eat is on top of the fridge. Tell Josh to pick me up early. I’m leaving”

                When I saw his warm expression fill with hurt, I felt a pang where my heart should be, but I ignored it and started for the door before I took back my words.

                “Shey, please.” My heart stopped and so did my legs. “You know I love you, and I try so hard, especially today. Can’t you just show me that you love me too?”

                There he goes again with his selfish desires. What about me? Why is it that he uses my feelings to feed his own? I don’t think anyone in this pathetic excuse for a family cares about me at all.

                I’m not usually this weak, but just for today I will allow myself. I picked up my bag and ran for the door. Foolish mistake. I know to always check the door for booby traps and any cameras, showing me where any trap may be. I opened the front door and thousands, literally, thousands of little frogs fell on me. I guess Aunty decided to go with the classical bucket-filled-with-random-substance trick this year.

Oh, by the way, did I tell you I'm allergic to frogs?

~>>*^*<<~

Ring

That was the bell for homeroom. I knew that no one would believe I didn’t hear the bell from the bathroom. I didn’t even believe it. Bad lying was in my genes, thanks mom. I thought of another lie. I was on my period? No, I used that excuse last week. I guess I’ll just go then.

                I took one last look in the mirror and sighed. Stupid frogs, stupid Aunt Barb, stupid Dad, stupid mother, and stupid birthday were all I could think about as I opened the school’s bathroom door with all my anger and hitting someone. I just let the person help themself up and left. I don’t recall her name but I know I didn’t like her, being late for homeroom was just a bonus excuse.

                I ran down the hall to my class and opened the door. Mr. Songe already started speaking about random announcements, and as usual no one noticed me at all. I just went to my desk, all the way in the back and sat. I smiled at Camille, who sat right next to me, and gave her the homework she wanted to copy.

                Our school had many traditions. Every Easter we sung Christmas songs while plaing Leap Frog and whenever we had a new student we threw pineapples at them. I was once that student, but now I’m just the girl who sits in the back of the classroom next to the emo kid.

                Suddenly, Ley barged into the class and walked directly to me, his face didn’t exactly wear a happy expression on it. I felt like running, but I think I may have peed a little. I’ll check later.

                “You knocked into me this morning.” He glared at me.

I got the most dangerous boy in school mad at me.

                Then, Shane walked in and up to Ley, definitely not pleased.

                “You punched me in the face this morning. Dude! What’s with that?” Shane shouted, turning all eyes to us.

                “This freak hit me into you! I’m a victim here too so don’t go around shouting in people’s faces without brushing your teeth, pretty boy!”

                Both Ley and Shane turned and glared at me.

I also got the sexiest, most popular boy mad at me.

                “Ahem.” The whole class turned their attention to the front of the class as Mr. Songe cleared his throat and continued whatever he was saying. “ People celebrating their birthdays today are Ley, Shane and Shey. Everyone, let’s quickly sing happy birthday and you will be dismissed for your classes.

We all shared a birthday.

~>>^*^<<~

A/N

My birthday just ended and a lot of people I know were born around this time so why not? :P

Oh, and should I continue?

Thank for reading :) <3