My mate

Denial is one of the easiest traps your mind can fall into. Once you are captured in it's snare, it is almost impossible to break out. So what must one do to show someone they are living a lie? What must you say to awaken them to reality? That's the question... That's my dilemma.

......

“They're home Vanity,” My brother whimpered, drawing my attention to his nervous form. He sat to the left of me at the head of the table where my mother would normally sit, but since they were so keen on making him alpha she gave up her spot to him, letting him show authority.

His hands were folded in his lap, mirroring my exact posture to the T, perfectly straight, anxiously waiting. His eyes darted back from me to the entry way hallway. I sat completely still, showing him how he must be, because I was his guide, I was his cheat sheet for when they arrived... Three-Two-One-

“Slam!” The door was shoved open with an uneasy thud and Sam jumped in his seat in surprise while I stayed in my perfect posture. He was panicking from the inside out and his composure was barely holding on. Oh crap, please don't let them see that.

Sure enough Celius sauntered into the room, a scowl on his face and Heaven trailing behind with the same look. “You need to use your wolf senses more accurately Son, you're an alpha so you must be aware at all times,” He scolded, while my mother frowned and made her way to her seat.

It's been over a month since we saw them last. They either got late and left early, or they just never came home at all. We preferred when they never came home.

Celius took one look at me, nodding in my direction as his 'hello' while Heaven said nothing at all. He took his seat at the other end of the table while my mother sat to his right... The opposite side of me.

Celius was a tall, broad man. He had the muscular body all alphas grew to own and the height all werewolves grew. A whopping six' four he was and my mother was catching up to him with her six' two height. She is the tallest woman in our pack, while I have barely reached five' seven, and I'd prefer to stay that way because speed is hard to achieve when they can knock your feet out from under you.

Celius is where I got the honey colored hair and bright green eyes. His hair was shaved to almost bald though, while his eyes popped out with every look. He had a very sharp face with muscular cheeks and a permanent scowl on his face. He was dressed in a black button up shirt and black dress pants, because business was a never ending job. His image fit the alpha title well.

Heaven was where Sam got his chocolate eyes and hair. She had long curls cascading down her back, with bangs that left her big brown eyes peaking out underneath. She passed on to me her full red lips and curvy figure, along with all the muscle. It was necessarily gross, but you knew not to screw with us when you saw it. She always walked with grace and speed, which made her all the better of a luna. She was dressed in a blue short sleeved button up and a gray knee length cotton skirt. She had obviously kicked her heels off at the door because she was now bare foot with panty hoes on.

So yes, my parents had the perfect image and they passed most of their looks onto my brother and I, but we could never be more different then them.

I never really grew up calling them mom and dad. They were never here and when they were they were scolding my brother for showing weakness... They pretended not to notice the silent exchanges between me and him.

Why do they keep staring?- Sam shouted in my mind, terror easy to hear, but I held my same natural expression, defiant against letting them see their effect on me. Their eyes slowly drifted between my brother and I, but I glanced down whenever I caught their eyes, despite my resistance of my wolf. We hated submitting and turning away from ones gaze shows weakness.