Chapter 2

Previously:

He wiped his eyes and was about to turn back when he heard a loud honking noise. He looked up and froze. An out of control car was speeding towards him. When he finally regained movement in his legs, it was too late. He only had time to scream before the car hit him, cutting the world into black.

And so it continues...

Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep...

That was really annoying... Why wouldn't they stop that infernal beeping?! He couldn't open his eyes or move his head. He heard quiet sobbing. Who was crying? Where was he?

Footsteps came into the room. The crying stopped, only to be replaced with angry words. He vaguely caught "coma" and "life support". Who, him? Wait... For how long was he out?

"It's been three months, Kylie. He's not going to wake up." the doctor said in a soothing voice. Drew struggled to get his eyes open. It wasn't working. What was going on?! He heard Kai sobbing loudly as she was dragged out.

He heard more doctor voices. They were discussing a needle and some kind of injection. He struggled harder to make himself wake up.

A sharp pain entered his arm. He felt even sleepier than before, but at the same time it felt like liquid fire running through his veins. He wanted to scream, but he didn't have the ability or the energy. The last thing he heard was a long, slow, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.......