3

As the cab began to drive away, Casey felt strange. She missed Dennis. It had been only a matter of seconds, but she felt like she was abandoning them. The car ride was quickly over, and she stepped inside Dr. Fletcher's office. 

"Casey, your case is a strange one... which is why I'd like to take notes on it. We can either have it filmed or we can have it written, it's up to you."

"Written please. And I don't want my name anywhere,"

"That's perfectly okay. Now, tell me, when you first met Dennis were you aware of his DID?"

"No, but it didn't take long for me to realise. Maybe a day?"

"Okay. Now who was the first personality you met?"

"Dennis. Then I met Patricia, then Hedwig and so on and so on,"

"If you don't mid me asking, is your relationship with Dennis sexual?"

Casey laughed nervously, "It wasn't until we'd been dating for a while. And more importantly, we didn't pursue anything of any kind until it was legal," she smiled.

"Are you attracted to Dennis? Physically I mean,"

"Yes,"

"So, are you then attracted to say... Barry or Hedwig?"

"No, no, no, no, no. Barry is lovely and Hedwig is great but there's no attraction sexually,"

"And why is that?"

"Well, Hedwig is like my little brother and Barry's more of like a parental figure more than anything. I don't see them all as Kevin. I can tell when I'm talking to Dennis and when I'm talking to Patricia because their whole being changes completely. It's like twins you know?"

"Interesting,"

They took notes like these for a while after until Dr. Fletcher put down her pen and paper.

"Casey, I took these notes as proof to Dennis that we were taking them, but you can leave right now. You don't ever have to go back to him,"

"Dr. Fletcher I don't... I don't understand, I love Dennis, why wouldn't I want to see him again?"

"Because he kidnapped you,"

"No he didn't, he did nothing like that at all. Dennis showed me care when I needed it the most. He's been with me ever since I ran away, he put a roof over my head. Dennis is many things but a kidnapper is not one of them," Casey could feel herself get angry. She knew he technically did kidnap her but she hated the thought of it being like that. It was much more than that now, "Dr. Fletcher, I'd like to go back to my apartment now..."

"I'm sorry Casey... I just had to be sure,"

"Can I use your computer please?"

"Of course,"

She started writing an e-mail to Dennis.

"Can you come pick me up from Dr. Fletcher's office please?

Love, Casey x,"

She pressed send and within 10 minutes, Dennis was outside.

"Thank you for letting me take these notes Casey," she smiled.

"That's okay, thank you for your concern," she smiled back rushing downstairs and getting into Dennis' car. 

"That was awful," 

"What happened?"

"We're lucky she didn't call the cops." she told him everything that happened.

"Wow... and yet, you're still here?"

"Yes. I told you, I need you Dennis. All of you," he pulled over.

"Do you really mean that?" he turned to face her, "do you REALLY mean that, Casey?"

"Of course I do-"

"Do you really need us? Or do you just need a change? Someone different?"

"I need you. I need Dennis. And Hedwig. And I need to make sure Kevin is kept safe so that the rest of you are safe. 

"Why?"

"Because I... care about you. Some in different ways than others"

"And how do you care for me?"

"I'm not the type for talking about feelings but... I..." she thought of how to put her feelings into words.

"You're sacred fruit, Casey... which unfortunately means nothing can happen between the two of us. As of tomorrow I won't be bothering you any more,"

Casey felt the same sting she felt when her father died. Heartbreak. 

"Then what about now?" 

He closed his eyes and put his head back, thinking. Trying to control himself. He started driving until they got to a house. When the car stopped, Dennis leaned over and kissed Casey, passionately. Casey climbed over so she was sat, straddling him. His hands were everywhere and he opened the door. She got out and he locked the door before turning and kissing her deeply.

"Casey," he moaned. He picked her up so her legs were wrapped round his waist and carried her inside the house. He dropped her on the couch and rested his arm above her head for support while he kissed her neck. She wrapped her hands around the back of his neck and kissed him again. Before it could go any further, he rested into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Casey..." he whispered, "I'm sorry, I can't," he lifted his head back up and stroked her cheek, "perfection," he said softly. He leaned down so they could share one last, sweet kiss. It wasn't driven by heat, instead it was special. When he went to leave she grabbed his forearm with both hands.

"Stay..." she whispered, standing up and guiding him to the couch. He laid down, confused and she laid with her head on his chest. They each fell into sleep and there were 2 things Dennis knew. 

1. He would definitely need to shower first thing the next morning.

2. He was falling in love with Casey Cooke.