Chapter 24 - Gwen's POV

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness... I like Cohen. I really like him. He nearly kissed me yesterday... and I would have let him! He is just so intoxicating! I cannot think straight around him, and every time he shows me the least bit of affection or touches me, I turn to mush! Oh my word, this isn't good. I cannot be falling for Cohen! He's a jerk! An idiot! But also sweet and kind when he wants to be, and let's be real – he is not half bad to look at.

My feelings for him are different to how I feel about Tyrian. I used to daydream about him constantly, and he always seemed so perfect, so unreachable and I placed him on a pedestal above everyone else. I was infatuated with him. However, with Cohen, it is real. I lose my head around him and he makes me feel things I have never felt before. I am flustered and can hardly think straight. All day it has been the same, and I have barely been able to concentrate on my schoolwork. I guess I have been taking the cowards route and hiding from Cohen all day. I did see him once, and fleetingly as our eyes met I felt a fire ignite between us, but I quickly stamped it out, turned the other way and sprinted from him.

It is now my last lesson – maths, and luckily the teacher has set us free to study for the upcoming exams (which I will not be taking). Torryn and I seem to have swapped roles – she has a constant blissful smile on her face (which is a little creepy since she is usually emotionless), and giggles every time her phone goes off. She even offered Lewis Knight a pencil earlier, when she usually just scowls at everyone! Today I am the who is disinterested in the lesson and acting rather offish with everyone. I am pleased for Torryn though, and I know why she is happy. It is because of her new boyfriend, Josh. Yes – he finally officially asked her out, after taking her on two secret dates, which I only just found out about. Although they are very different from each other, (he's sweet and she's tough), they have great chemistry between them, and they are both changing for the better with each other's help.

"Hey, did you hear about that Princess who got engaged? Her engagement shoot just reached the magazines and she and her fiancé are so cute!" Brooklyn squeals to Livvie in front of me, knocking me from my daydream.

They are the two who gave me a bit of trouble when I first arrived, as they made fun of my intelligence, but Torryn stood up for me and we have not really spoken since. They are always gossiping about someone, and if they put as much effort into their work as they did the tabloids then they would be passing with flying colours. Usually I just ignore them with very little effort, but today I am curious as to who they are talking about. Could it be my sister? I have had radio silence from my family ever since I found out about the engagement, and I do not even know whom she is engaged to. I thought my sister would have called to boast about her handsome new man and sure ascending to Queen by now, and the way she hasn't is mildly puzzling.

"Erm excuse me Brooklyn, what Princess are you talking about?" I ask after tapping her on the shoulder.

I notice her eyes dart over to Torryn nervously before she answers me.

"Her name is Princess Anastasia, and she is from the country Losington. She is so pretty! And the hunk she's engaged to... well she's certainly lucky." Brooklyn chuckles and Livvie joins in.

Mentally I roll my eyes, as I know my sister would never settle for anyone less then perfect looking.

"Ah, that's nice. Do you know who she is engaged to?" I question, pretending not to be as eager as I really am to find out who my future brother in law is.

"Oh, I think it's the Prime Ministers son or something." Brooklyn shrugs, making me freeze and my blood run cold.

"Oh yeah, that's right - his name is Tyrian." Livvie adds in, looking up from her phone.

My heart drops to the floor and shatters from the betrayal.

What do you think guys? Did anyone guess that Anastasia was engaged to Tyrian?

What do you think will happen next? I may be a little biased but I think the next chapter could possibly by my favourite of the whole book! Here's a clue: Cohen and Gwen are involved...

Edited