Prologue

═╦═

In the lands where colorful Dragons roam 
In the lands where all color is being drained from the lands
In the lands which are coated in black and red
A Dragon will find his rider
A Dragon coated in gold which has never been seen before
A Dragon who will bring the color back when the darkness is taking over  

═╩═

Year 3130 of the Troll

It was strong. Aleron could no longer ignore the pull in his body. He shuddered with excitement as his nerves and muscles all seemed to respond to something nobody really understood. Aleron yawned as the sun just peeked over the horizon, exposing his razor-sharp teeth in different rows behind one another. 

It was today.

It most certainly was today. His wings seemed to spread themselves, his body turned to the direction he was supposed to go. The pull was guiding him and it could only mean one thing. The one thing Aleron had longed for his entire life. 

He, Aleron, would find his human soulmate today. 

He, a mere wyvern, would have a true shot of realizing his dreams. His dreams of fighting alongside the Golden Dragon. To become the first wyvern that would fight alongside the dragons. The first wyvern to show the world could be more than just mere messengers.

His body trembled as the only thing he could think about was the choosing. His rider was out there, in the city, probably just as excited as he was! He would meet him and they would have a glorious future together! Aeron spread his large wings and let the beautiful morning rays of the sun warm his scales. It was his usual morning routine. A routine that could take up a lot of time if done properly. Warming up, waking up, grooming and preparing for the day to come was essential in the morning but now all of that did not seem important. He needed to go. The feeling in his body was drawing him away, pulling him to fly, pushing him to leave.

If wyverns could smile, Aleron would have a huge grin plastered on his face from the moment the pull took a hold of his body. There was no time fo his morning ritual. He had to go. He glanced back at his den, his home for the past twenty years. This would be the last time he would see it. 

It felt good.

Aleron pushed himself off the ground with his two strong back legs, spread his wings and took flight. He knew where to go. He had seen the ceremony twice before just out of curiosity. His destination was the human settlement they called a City. 

A shadow passed overhead as Aleron had been flying for a while now and he looked up to see a wild red dragon heading the same way as him. He picked up speed just to stay ahead and not attract any unwanted attention. It was not far now and on the horizon, Aleron could see the city's walls emerging between the green hills. Not long before he spotted the grassy open area where a colorful array of dragons were already napping or just laying around. Against the city wall was a wooden stage where the young boys and girls would be situated with their parents while the dragons and sometimes wyverns, would be lined up in front of them.

Aleron landed some distance away from the other dragons and watched as the red dragon also descended and eyed him with contempt. The red one was the biggest of all the dragons currently on the field and Aleron could feel the arrogance leaking from between his scales making all the dragons and Aleron aware of his superiority. Other dragons eyed the muddy brown wyvern shortly. Some snorted and averted their gazes while others, mostly the younger ones, kept staring a while longer. They probably had not seen many of their distant relatives before.