Finding Myself- Getting to know each other

Getting to know each other :

So basicly when my class ended and lunch started I went to the libary to find Scott. In the way back he was still reading the book. I was shocked that he looked like he really liked it or at least trying to.

Tip toeing to him I whisphered, "So how do you like it?"

He jumped a little and scowled a bit, " It's alright I guess. But, I still don't get why the author named the book that. "

"Finish it first maybe you'll get it until then."

I signaled him to follow me to the cafeteria. With my head glued to another book I didn't mind the silence.

"What's with you and books?" he asked after 10 mintues of me reading.

"If you haven't figured it out by yet I love reading. Get used it Scott."

"Nerd."

"Like I care what you say."

He smirked and said, "Well at least I know what to get you for christmas and you birthday; some long boring books."

He went back to listening to his Ipod and grabbed food for the two of us. Lots of girls gasped when they saw he was with me. Some even tried to trip me.

We both went outside to a table and ate in silence. I was reading happily and he had his Ipod I think everyone was happy. Right in the middle of climax, Scott took my book and threw it a random guy.

He spat out, "Take a picture it lasts longer !"

I hit him in the head, "It doesn't mean to hit a guy with my book!"

I ran toward the guy he hit, "I'm so sorry about that. He didn't mean that,....well I hope that he didn't. "

Okay so I didn't really know Scott so I didn't know exactly why he hit the guy.

The guy still rubbing his head he anwsered, "It's okay really besides I was staring too much. It's rude and,I guess I did desvered that." and he laughed a little.

I smiled and took my book, "Yeah just little rude. Umm are you okay" pointing to his head.

"Yeah don't worry."

Scott came out of nowhere and pulled me away.

"Hey!" I yelled.

He kept pulling me and gave the guy a glare.

The guy gave a half smile and kept looking back at us.Scott took me to my locker and asked for my combination. I pushed away from his embrace and opened the locker myself.

"You know you should of apologized to him. I bet you hurt him badly."

"Why should I? He was bugging me for staring at us too long."

He truned to face a group if girls coming our way. He rolled his eyes and glare at them harshly scaring most of them away.

"Really all these girls in your school are annoying. Come hurry up we're leaving. Tomrrow is your last day anyways. Let's go to the office and finish up those papers and get this over with."

"Fine." and I grabbed all my stuff walking to the office.

With that settled we went to the park since it was close. At the swings I couldn't stop thinking about our marriage. So I faced Scott.

"Do you know why it was arranged?"

"Not really. I guess our moms both thought we'd died alone. So they convinced themselves that we'd be perfect for each other."

I smiled,"Well, in a way we should we happy that they cared enough. But, honestly they shouldn't meddle in our lives."

"I know right. No offense but, you didn't seem to the nerd I thought you'd be."

"Thanks I guess." and I looked down to the sand.

"Don't take it like that. I don't know how to explain it but....it's nice that you aren't the annoying smart know-all you know." he shoke his midnight black hair out of his face.

"At least I know you aren't going to take crap from me. Most nerd girls are scared of me; and with you you're different. I like that you're yourself."

"You aren't bad yourself. I....well maybe when you yell at me sometimes and when you hit that guy with my book. Anyways, you're nice when you want to be."

We kept swing back and forth and I thought, In a way he isn't that bad. Maybe if I give him a chance we could be at least friends.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you before." I started.

"Naw, I yelled at you first so I'm sorry."

"Maybe, this arranged marriage won't be that bad since we can act civil." I said as I slowed down from my swing.

"Maybe....in a way I'm glad I'm stuck with you and not a lying backstabber. " He jumped off his swing, "You want ice cream? "

I nodded and got off the swing and followed him to the ice cream store.