Finding Myself - Really I didn't know that

Really? I didn't know that-

"So it really bad like you said it was?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is just be careful on who you meet and do in that part of the city." He said.

At the ice cream place we were sitting down outside of the store just talking; letting the time roll on by. I just had tomorrow of this town and then I would have to live with Scott for a week. Then after that I would start school in a new state with him. I guess my family and his wanted us to really live together and know each other perfectly.

"I guessing they want us to spend every minute together huh?"

"I know right. But it's not that bad I guess you don't annoy me that much like yesterday."

"What?" I said offended.

"Hey, I didn't mean it like that. Gez I've known you for like what two days give me some credit. I thought

you were an awkward nerd that I've have nothing in common."

"But do I still annoy you?" I asked with my ego still down.

"Didn't you hear me? You don't."

"No, you said not as much."

"Just the book thing; no one can read as much as you do. Don't you want to do anything more than read?" he asked.

I sighed and looked at the table; Of course I wanted to do more than read.

"Well duh I do. I just don't know what I want to do or with who. My sister doesn't have any time and my parents are always working."

He stayed quiet for a minute and then paid for the bill. He got up and smirked, "How about we make some memories before we leave this town?"

"What kind of memories are we talking about?" I was getting nervous.

"Doesn't this place have an amusement park?"

"Yeah it does why? What are you thinking?"

He took my hand and said, "Let's go and have some fun. This little nerd needs to have some fun."

"What, right now. But we didn't tell our parents that we were going there." I was panicking I never went anywhere without my parents knowing and approving first.

"Come on as my soon to be wife you have to know how to have fun." He kept a firm hold on my hand and looked around the stores while talking to me.

"But first things first let's get you dressed for fun."

"Are you telling me I look ugly?" I spat.

"No, you called yourself that. I just said; let's get you dressed to have some fun."

In the closest store he pulled me in and asked a worker to pick out an amazing outfit for me to wear to go to the amusement park.

She looked at me and then him, "I think we have something for her."

I gulped as she whistled for some crew members and they went to work finding me an outfit. She told Scott to come back in an hour and by then I would be ready. I couldn't believe it; he turned to me and smiled.

"I'll be back okay." And he laughed at my face.

I pouted and looked at the ground. I heard him chuckle again and then he left.

"Okay honey let's get you ready for your date."

I blushed red, "It's not a date."

The crew people laughed and all confirmed it was a date. I kept telling them it wasn't but they didn't believe me. The lady that Scott asked to find me an outfit also got some make-up and shoes for me to try on. While the other workers kept me in the dressing room trying on countless of outfits.