ten

seonghwa squinted his eyes at the sight in front of him.

"what are you doing?"

jaehyun sat beside hyemin with barely any space between, both looked melancholic and seonghwa couldn't decipher what was going on.

jaehyun threw him a small smile and stood up. "sorry, hwa." he patted the younger's shoulder. "i'll cover you for the next activities. now go and eat," he offered, before walking towards where the other student councils gathered.

seonghwa sighed and looked at hyemin, who was staring at him confusedly. next to her was a half-eaten bread, the one that was given to him, an onigiri, and a carton of milk.

"what's with the foods?"

"uh, it's... for you. jaehyun said you eat a lot, so i decided to give you these... please accept it."

seonghwa raised an eyebrow. he was utterly confused; one, how could jaehyun and hyemin become so close? as far as he knew, they just met moments ago. two, why would jaehyun talk about him? and three, why did hyemin care so much?

the thoughts that were running through his head made him silent, scaring hyemin.

"i-i'm sorry if you don't like them-"

"ah, no." seonghwa finally snapped out of his thoughts. "thank you so much, i really appreciate it."

a smile slowly crept into her face, and he returned it with one of his. in the midst of that, jinyoung's voice boomed through the auditorium's speakers, calling the students to gather in the middle of the hall.

"i better go now," hyemin said. "thank you for the company, it's nice talking to you!" she exclaimed before running away, leaving seonghwa at the back of the hall with the food and drink given to him.