Chapter 1.2: The Note Demon

Your POV

Me: Now let's try this again.

I said grabbing the two's collars and dragged them to Minette.

Me: Apologize. Or else my new feline friend over here gets a new scratch toy.

I say pointing my thumb to Fortune who smiled at my joke as she presented her claws.

Ms. Fortune: Oh I've been looking for a new scratching post~.

Lawrence & Ricardo: We're Sorry!

Me: Good. Now drop everything you have on you. Because I've seriously had one hell of night and you're certainly have not made it better.

Grinding their teeth they took out their wallets dropping every bit of cash they had. They then took their leave.

Lawrence: You'll regret this kid.

Ricardo: You'll regret messing with the Medici!

They ran out as I suddenly returned to my normal clothing and nearly passed out. Fortune catches me and puts my arm over her shoulder. She spoke to me, but low so nobody can hear us since they're still staring.

Ms. Fortune: So. You weren't kidding. How'd you do that?

Me: I-I... Don't know. It felt like my body was being controlled by someone else. But it was still me.

Ms. Fortune: Well you can't stay here. Especially if you used the 'you know what.'

Minette: You two go. I'll clean up. Thank you (Y/N).

Me: Anytime. I guess.

With that. Fortune carried me out the restaurant. When walking this kind of reminded me when I met Val.

I looked at my arms and hands. My knuckles a bit bruised and arms a bit bloodied up. I was about to just fall asleep until I heard something clicking which made my eyes shift to the direction of the sound. I looked seeing a figure in heels as she put a hand on her hip.

?: You look like shit kid.

I smiled a little bit at the memory. But then sighed at it. She is so going to kill me. Literally.

Me: So where are we going?

Ms. Fortune: My place.

Me: Are you sure?

Ms. Fortune: Well something tells me you don't have a place to stay. Plus you'd do the same for me.

Me: (Sigh) Thanks. Still don't like you though.

Ms. Fortune: (snickers) Whatever kid.

Still dragging me I was eventually able to walk again. We went on another 'elevator' as we arrived at Fortune's House. We approached the front door as she pushed the door in and walk inside.

Ms. Fortune: It's not much. But it's home.

I looked around. There was everything you'd expect in a normal house. Kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedroom with bunk beds. But then there was the odd ones out. A full arsenal of... Claws? And a room filled with pictures. It was Fortune with always a couple other girls.

Me: Who are these people?

I said looking at her. Her ears wilted a bit as she held her arm. She then walked to my side.