Chapter 13

The office got cleared out of all of our old workers and a bunch of new people came in. Jake promised me it would be easier for us, and it was. No one asked questions because everyone knew the answers. They were all just smart and it made it so much easier for us.

Jake called me into his office in the best mood possible and he let me sit at his desk before looking over my shoulder to show me something on his computer.

"What?" I asked as he opened a case folder.

"Look. At. This. Case." He said and I sat up some to read it. It was another murderer case-the typical person that we'd get occasionally. A guy goes crazy, kills someone, then gets a lawyer after everyone gets involved and he says he's innocent when everyone including his lawyers know he's not but they have to pretend he is. That was the worst part of the job. We did help a lot of scumbags.

Except this one was different. The case was on a guy who was being blamed for murdering his wife and children and he was claiming not guilty. It was honestly scary.

"Are you taking that? I mean holy shit." I said.

"I don't know. It's everywhere on the news though. It's a good and bad thing." He said.

"If we win-"

"We will win. We haven't lost." He said.

"I know but I'm saying that if we took this case it would cause a lot of controversary. I don't know if you would want that." I said.

"I already said yes. We fly out tomorrow to meet him and talk to him about what he thinks and has to say. Then we're talking to other attorneys of his there. Pack your bags. We're going to Seattle." He said and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yes tomorrow." He said.

"Jake, are you crazy? This is going to be so much." I said.

"They needed a lawyer and needed it right away. This is a huge case for us that we need. It's going to be hard to win but when we do we'll be everywhere. I can open up more offices across the country." He said.

"Jake we cant just get up and leave on a plane tomorrow."

"Yes we can."

* * *

And before I knew it, we were landing in seattle with our suitcases and all the paperwork we needed for him to sign.

What I wasn't expecting, was as soon as we stepped foot outside the airport, a paparazzi started flashing multiple cameras in our face of us as we were holding hands and his grip on my hand got tighter while walking through them. Security stepped in and got us to our car and we quickly got in the back.

"Jake. What did you get us into?" I asked.

"I don't know what I got us into. I just know this is going to be fucking insane and I can't wait to do this with you." He said.

"Paparazzi?" I asked.

"Because we're in a big city. It was like this in New York and Chicago when we went too. Except you were just my secretary and we didn't even talk to each other or sleep in the same hotel suite. Now we do." He said and I ran my fingers through his hair and fixed it. It was a little messed up.

"Is there something wrong with my hair?" He asked.

"It was a little messed up in the front." I said.

"Before or after getting in the car? I'll have paparazzi pictures of me looking like a crazy person." He said and I laughed and he kissed my cheek.